Asking for money...AGAIN

by raymond frantz 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

I live in the UK ,a letter was read as local announcements on Thursday about the relocation of London Bethel and the need to donate (yes they are blatantly asking the flock )..more money .Considering the fact the London Bethel is located in one of the most expensive areas of London ,the sale of of these buildings will bring in hundrends of millions of pounds in revenue.There is no need asking for more money .As one poster posted here 11 years ago on the same project that nows seems to be going ahead the conservative estimates are that they will get approx £193.5m for the site (inc Bittacy Hill) and the new Greenfield site (whichever) wil cost less that £35m. Whip up the building committes and up it goes FOC (Materials are estimated @ £9.23m).That was an estimate 11 years ago..So my question is did you had this letter read in your local announcements recently? I see a pattern emerging also the sale and relocation of bethel houses build in prime land that are worth alot of money to less expensive areas and the generation of million of pounds in income .So not only makinf money off local refurfrfbrisment projects but milking it off Bethel homes sale. Your thoughts...

• cantleave
    cantleave

There have been a couple of threads on here about this letter.

I wouldn't mind a house on the Ridgeway.

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

do you have the threads to these letters here ?

• cantleave
  • raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

I remember being asked to work in a new Bethel construction back in the early ninenties ina European country I can't reveal .Hundrends of local brothers spend there 2 years volunteering to build a new Bethel home .The pattern was similar SELL the prime location in the capital of the previous Bethel Home and relocate outside the capital .You have to understand most of the brothers there are not living off benefits or pretend to be disable so they can pioneer like in Britain (I know many British brothers are hard working brothers but sadly is not always the case) .They work long hours for minimum wages that barely make ends meet ,on top of that out of faith they offered to volunteer endless weeekends to build this new Bethel .Finally two years later the new Bethel was ready but they couldn't sell the old one .Surprisingly they were given more money to sell the new one! Guess what they did ? They sold the new Bethel and moved the Bethel family back in the old Bethel .That pissed off many and personally made me sick to the bone. I knew then something is terribly wrong in the organization... The excuse ? They had to move operations to another more stable country .Jehovah's direction ! BUllshit!!!

• never a jw
    never a jw

The highly profitable money schemes makes me wonder if we will ever topple this cult. Even with a potentially reduced number of followers and some lawsuits for child molestation, they look in very good economical shape and have a business model that will endure for many decades to come.

• nugget
    nugget

They will have a period when they have the old facility and are building the new one. Rather than take out a bridging loan that they pay back from the sale of property they expect the congregations to cover this cost. The congregations will be expected to fund the build, provide the labour and see none of the profits as usual.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Have you heard of brothers arriving in an area with practically nothing, maybe after having left Bethel or come back from a missionary assignment. The local brothers pitch in to build a nice house, especially since the old parents will be able to live in the basement apartment.

A few years go by, circumstances change, the house gets sold for a lot of money. BOOM! the guy is wealthy now. Off he and his family go, they move far away. Who knows what they're doing - maybe starting the whole cycle over again.

Is that a PLAN, or what!

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I'll bet future scams will be have the brothers build a building saying its for some need then sell it when it all done to a large corporation that actually contracted the WT to build it to their specks.

• l p
    l p

How can the org last for decades?

Wouldn't selling the prime real estate and buidling where it is cheap outside in the country not be the same kind of investment as the prime real estate? I mean to ask - would the country property ever make the win that the prime real estate had? would any win in the country investmentbe as large as the one in the prime site?

Are they just going to somewhere more affordable?

that would p me off having to pay money and give time to build a new bethel when they have plenty of money from the sale of the old one

why dont the r&f see this?

lp

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit