Hi all

by Saltheart Foamfollower 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

These JW people are self serving narcissists. I hope you can get away. Keep smiling and get away as fast as you can.

• DJS
    DJS

Welcome to the forum from another newbie,

You will get a lot of very good advice and shared collective wisdom from those on this site. All of it is likely relevant but not all of it will likely be relevant to you and your unique situation. I would advise all those exiting from the WT to do so as a fade if necessary but otherwise to do so with as much haste as possible. You may feel that sharing your beliefs about the TTATT have merit, and some on this site may agree or share positive experiences.

However, the Borg didn't become the Borg without reason, and it is difficult to impossible to change a culture or anything within it from the bottom up. And it is clearly a very paranoid cult(ure) these days, with real and suspected apostates everywhere. My point is trying to get others to "think" or analyze their beliefs MAY work, but it is fraught with more dangers than I think you are aware. And you seem to be aware. Those listening to you or even seeming to agree with you about the WT, its teachings, etc. may (will?) very quickly turn against you when the Borg's henchmen (elders) put the harsh light of inquisition on them.

And they will. Good luck to you and once again welcome.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Hello DJS,

you make some very good observations, glad you're here.

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Welcome

• Saltheart Foamfollower
    Saltheart Foamfollower

I've been lurking long enough so that I shouldn't have been surprised at the warm welcomes, but I'd like to thank all of you (especially the Thomas Covenant fans) for the kind words & advice. Like many of you, I have to be quite careful to keep my identity secret, but I will say that I am an elder and use whatever means I can to get others to at least think - it's not easy! My mother is in poor health and is probably in the early stages of alzheimers, so learning about me could very easily finish her off. i see my non-JW friend quite regularly and it definitely has helped me to finally talk openly - I've been keeping it secret for about 14 years now - used to lurk on newsgroups going way back. The single simple thing which clinched it for me was when I read that John 6:68 is always misquoted and then a sister did just that at the next meeting I was at! The thing which started me down the road to doubts was learning a bit about archaeology and realising that the WT interpretation of the bible couldn't be right.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

SaltHeart FoamFollower..."You judge too quickly, Giant". LOL I love your name.

Welcome Noble and Wise Gentleman to JWN.

We love thinking and smart truth seekers.

I am sorry to hear about your mom. To be promised your whole life to "wait in expectation of The Big A coming" and then nadda, nothing, and then end up with dementia, is not fair. At least all the "world"(tm) all ready knew what to expect, old age and death, so they live their lives, accordingly. JW's on the other hand, are told to put their lives on hold, and that they must drive all good and polite worldly people bonkers, with pushing their religion down nice peoples throats.

I have been reading and posting for one year. It has truly helped me out of the darkness, into the light.

Just Lois

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit