Jehovah™ is the greater child murderer

by punkofnice 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Jehovah™ is so benevolent and wonderfully merciful. So much so he kills children without so much as a ‘by your leave’.

Jehovah™ is surely the greater child abuser. All hail the imaginary sky daddy that says ‘Thou shall not kill.’ And then slaughters mercilessly.

No wonder the GB abuse children so willingly.

Hosea 9:14 “Give them, O LORD–what will You give? Give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts.”

Hosea 13:16

16 The people of Samaria must bear their guilt,
    because they have rebelled against their God.
    They will fall by the sword;
    their little ones will be dashed to the ground,
    their pregnant women ripped open.”

2 Kings 15:16

16 At that time Menahem, starting out from Tirzah, attacked Tiphsah and everyone in the city and its vicinity, because they refused to open their gates. He sacked Tiphsah and ripped open all the pregnant women.

1 Samuel 15:3

3 Now go and attack Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and do not spare them. But kill both man and woman, infant and nursing child, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.’”

Psalm 137:8-9

8 Daughter Babylon, doomed to destruction,

happy is the one who repays you

according to what you have done to us.

9 Happy is the one who seizes your infants

and dashes them against the rocks.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Nasty bugger, that Big J.

• Comatose
    Comatose

Hey! I don't believe those parts of the bible. You must look to HIM who HE sent. The WORD is the real TRUTH.

tec

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Phizzy - Yes. God is a real example to follow...NOT! Sadly, some xtian religions do tend to follow this model.

Comatose - Now that's what I call predictive text.

God is a merciless, murdering god of love!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I think this point has been made on here before, but it could well be, that just like the WT cutting CT Russell loose, that Christians try to promote Jesus without his A-hole Dad, Jehoober.

To do this, all they really need to do is ditch the Hebrew (jewish) Old Testament, saying it is not inspired, just some jews a-rambling, and then stick somewhat to the N.T, not 100% though, there are too many errors and contradictions in it, but they need it to a great degree, as without it, there is no Jesus of Nazareth. There is no proof, outside of the N.T, for the "Historical Jesus", that stands scrutiny.

Perhaps they will then wittle it down to simply the Gospel of John, where the classical (ooooh Pagan!) concept of the Logos is introduced.

Word ?

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Yikes! Our Heavenly Babysitter is a psychopath!

• cantleave
    cantleave

Jerkyhoover is a total wanker. Why would anyone want to worship such a beast?

• jam
    jam

tec; did I get this right? Look to the one he sent, the Word.

So did Jesus have a word with his father, you went nuts

in the OT so maybe you should send me to correct matters.

So is Jesus more merciful then the one who sent him?

How can you not believe in the OT when it is the foundation

for the NT?

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley
    Hey! I don't believe those parts of the bible.

Obviously those distasteful parts of the Bible are interpolations, scribal errors, mistakes, spurious texts or part of a grand conspiracy by Biblical anti-Jehovist Jews designed to make god look bad.

God would never harm an innocent person (not!).

Hey, Punkie. You forgot to include the account about Jayhoover sending two she bears to kill 42 children. That one always warms the heart.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

PunkofNice: Jehovah...is so benevolent and wonderfully merciful. So much so he kills children without so much as a ‘by your leave’.

It’s comments like this that reflect a unique combination of bitterness, hatred, ignorance and acute lack of cognizance regarding both God and history. On a discussion board such as this, I wonder if you’re simply reacting to a religious organization that has hijacked your thought processes first in one direction and now, through opposition, the other.

Jehovah...is surely the greater child abuser. All hail the imaginary sky daddy that says ‘Thou shall not kill.’ And then slaughters mercilessly.

Actually, the commandment says, “Thou shalt not murder.” Murder, in this context, means to shed innocent blood. And though you accuse the great creator with merciless slaughter, perhaps you’d care to give us a few examples. In the scriptures you promiscuously throw at us, Yahweh does not order the slaughter of children but, through his prophets, foretells it. But he lay the fate of the people on the people. He says, if you do this, this will happen; and if you do that, that will happen.

In situations such as the Canaanites, they were initially offered peace in exchange for staying out of Moses’ way Moses was being guided by the Lord. And later, when the Israelites were told to, “go and attack Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and do not spare them; but kill both man and woman, infant and nursing child, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.”

In such a situation, is God actually murdering? If Yahweh doesn’t exist, the discussion is moot; however, if he is the God of Israel, the great judge of all nations and peoples, and knows all things from the Beginning, having power over the bodies and spirits of all men and holding their eternal destinies in his hands, then isn’t it his right to bring judgment upon the nations as he deems it just and right?

Perhaps you can tell us what you know about the Amalekites, what kind of people they were, how they worshiped, treated the poor and strangers, lived their lives. And when their animals, and their women and children were dispatched, were they still not in his hands? Or do you suppose they just ceased to exist? In short, you don’t know the answers to any of these questions. And whose judgment are we supposed to follow? Yours? Or should we trust in him who knows and controls all things? It reminds me of what a friend of mine jokingly said once: “I’ve SEEN a Boeing 747, and I’m telling you, there’s no way they can fly!” And looking at one, I can almost agree with him that something that big and heavy can get off the ground and fly from coast to coast over the ocean! But once someone learns about propulsion, fuels, electronics, aerodynamics, thrust and materials, one begins to understand that it is possible.

No wonder the GB abuse children so willingly.

Here you’re failing to make the classic distinction between the Jehovah's Witnesses as a religion and assuming that if it isn’t true, then neither is God. Since the Jehovah's Witnesses are Yahweh’s people, you reason, they’re inseparately connected. If the sect is wrong, there is no Jehovah, no Christ, no God of Israel.

It is, of course, a non sequitur. Whether individual members of the Governing Body of the Jehovah's Witnesses are guilty of child abuse or whether they simply cover it up, I don’t know. But their abuses have nothing to do with God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit