My sister almost died.

by redvip2000 20 Replies latest watchtower medical

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Ever since i was a little boy i've been aware of this vague story about my older sister having some issues at birth, but never knew the details.

Yesterday i was having a conversation with a much older cousin, who is a non-practicing JW about different Watchtower issues. While discussing the blood issue she totally came out with the story about my sister, which i never knew before.

When my sister was born some 40 years ago, my mother had the delivery at home with the help of a midwife. I'm not entirely sure why this decision was made instead of going to a hospital. In any cause, when she was born there were complications and a doctor was called. Apparently there was a condition where her red blood cells were being destroyed by some of my mother's antibodies which somehow travelled through he placenta. To be saved, she needed a transfusion of more red blood cells

My mother, already a JW refused to take her to the hospital to receive this treatment and as disturbing as it sounds, although terribly distraught was willing to let my sister pass away to hold on to her faith. I was told several sisters were present and likely increased the pressure of the situation.

Incredibly, one of my uncles had enough bravery to physically kidnap my sister, remove her from the house and take her to the hospital where her life was saved by a blood transfusion. I believe my sister knows nothing of this, and i will not tell her either.

I share this to illustrate the grasp that this cult has on so many lives yet today and the harm it continues to cause.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Wow! Talk about drinking Koolaid.

This is simply brainwashing at its worst!

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Amazing example of dangerous cult behavior .

I appreciate your comments on Yahoo .

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

unbeleiveable!

and yes I see you on YA also

• jgnat
    jgnat

This was a result of Rh incompatibility between your mother and your sister. This is so preventable, my heart hurts. Your mother should have known she was Rh negative. Your father is Rh positive. This was a known high-risk delivery.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Oh jeez. Glad your uncle was there. Is this not good for your sister to know? Or to hit up your mother about?

Did Jehovah direct the actions of your uncle, since he saved a life for example....

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

That for sharing this touching situation. The control the WTS has on individuals is great, even in life and death situations. The real horror is that the WTS does not have the guts to claim that they are the reason why people believe in these doctrines. They want the individual to say that this is their stand and not because of the WTS.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Is this not good for your sister to know?

Perhaps, but to be honest i'm not entirely sure what my sister's reaction would be. It can't be a good feeling to know your mother was willing to let you die. Some things are better left untold.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Wow! Good for your uncle!

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Some one did calculations based on the increased mortality rate of children born with Anemia in New Zealand. Took the increase mortality rate and calculated it to all JW's worldwide from i think 1960 to 2000 and they figure conservatively, especially since the birth rate in New Zealand is low that the JW doctrine of no blood has lead to the death of at least 50,000 newborns.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit