the god of bible is a god of love?

by trackregister99 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• trackregister99
    trackregister99

I read the Bible entirely and I study in the past with jw, but I have many questions and doubts about god. (sorry for my english)

Is god a god of love? In Judges chapter 20, I found that Benjamin tribe protect to criminal men. Then the rest of Israel go to do justice and request the help of god, but god after left that 40000 man of israel tribe died (int two lost), he says "now I will give the victory"?

why god not give the victory inmediately and save 40000 innocently lifes that want justice?

• cantleave
    cantleave

Far from it, the God of the bible is a genocidal, homophobic, misogynistic, ignorant, low life scumbag. But hey! what do you expect? He was created in the image of ignorant men......

• Gopher
    Gopher

Hi TR99.

Have you ever looked on this site: http://www.evilbible.com/ ? It supports what you and cantleave said, and gives even more examples.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it, a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully." - Richard Dawkins

• clarity
    clarity

Track hi ...& welcome to this amazing site ... mostly ex jw's on here,

we have been thru many years (50 for me) of watchtower direction

and have found out the truth ... about the so called wt truth!

>

Looks like jehovah's old enemy ...satan, didn't kill anyone!

But as you can see from reading the bible ... god killed hundreds of thousands!

<

Hang around and keep up to date.

clarity

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

God, by whatever name you call him, in the Bible has a split personality, one book (the old testament) jealous, angry, spiteful and homocidal and then in the New Testament when jesus pops up all kindness and compassion. Christian sects therefore can chose which God to empahsize and we know which way the WBTS went cos I think they figured fear is the best motivator. Islam also has humanist and jihadist (aggresive/intolerant)strains and it depends on which bit is emphasized as to how believers behave.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

AndDontCallMeShirley Your quote is from The God Delusion. I am reading that book at this very time. Dawkins shines a refreshingly bright beam of light on the antics of religious believers and their duplicity.

• cofty
    cofty
    in the New Testament when jesus pops up all kindness and compassion

I think Jesus was just as much an egomaniac as his old man. "Like father like son".

• jam
    jam

Can not remember the name of the comedian,but he

stated, "maybe God calm down after the birth of his

son he was out of control in the OT".

• mP
    mP

@Frazzled

in the New Testament when jesus pops up all kindness and compassion

mP:

Explain why jesus tells us to pay taxes and be a good obesident slave many times, but never condemns slavery a single time, inplicitly or explicitly?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit