the god of bible is a god of love?

by trackregister99 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• trackregister99
    trackregister99

Note from december 2013: I've realized that no specific reason why God did not win immediately, so God is still

• sizemik
    sizemik

This is a good question and I know the answer ...

The invisible part of God used to slay a lot of humans. When he wasn't slaying them personally, he was getting his angels to do it, or simply getting the humans to slay one another. Then he got pissed and kicked the board over killing everything. Always promises, promises. He was a murderous bastard (parents?) - no question about it.

Then Jesus came along, and apart from being a pretty good talker and a wee bit of an attention seeker, was a pretty sweet guy. Perfect personality for a cult leader, coincidentally. Anyway, with all that lovey-type stuff he learned off the Buddhists, he impressed a lot of people. So much so that they made him God, but still a man as well.

I would have simply scored it God-0, Human's-1, and encouraged God to go away and think about it some more.. Perhaps he too could learn something from this Human's good example ... especially kindness. Jesus was kind nearly all of the time.

So these two God's are sort of the same in the Bible (don't go there), and this creates a problem. Jesus is no "chip off the old block" by any stretch of the imagination. In this case the apple has fallen a long, long way from the tree. No "like father like son" here. Dad casually wipes out whole civilisations ... Son sweats over the sparrows and the hairs on your head! Yep . . . it's a problem. Not the same God I reckon. Jesus is the better choice though.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

The snag is, that according to the Bible writers Jesus is the image of his father. ‘The father and I are one.’ ‘He who has seen me has seen the father.’ And so on. If we discount all the statements that he Bible credits to Jesus, we might as well burn the ancient book and stick to factual reading.

Filling our brain with a Dose-of-Dawkings is a better recipe for mental health.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit