Marathon service days before Sept 1

by gbrn 17 Replies latest jw friends

• gbrn
    gbrn

So my wife showed me her Instagram and one of her friends posted a picture of herself and a couple other pioneers with the title "20 hours in so far on our 24 hour day of service!" Mind you they were all sitting in Starbucks. This just made me want to scream!! The mad dash to get all their time in before the service year is over. The obsession over "time" is one thing I do NOT miss. Anyone have any ridiculous marathon service day stories for the month of August as the service year is winding down?

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Bloody hell! That's insane. 20 hours!!! Yeah right, how can doing that be 'giving Jehovah your best' if you're dragging along with your eyes hanging out of their sockets?

But, there's no arguing with a fanatic.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Gettin in hours...not productive in the least. No effort to actually make human contact for their "ministry." This drives me nuts.

Oh, and the "rural" territory. Hours spent in the car going for lunch...and they feel soooo good about their day in service. Actual contact may be less than a person who has a productive 5 hours a month, yet the low number is judged and the high number glorified.

One of my buttons.

• PrincessCynic
    PrincessCynic

My husband did a 12 hour day on Aug 31 once. There were so many pioneers not making a real effort to get their hours in that he felt quite proud of himself.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

we used to do regular 12 hour days one each week

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

nope, i have a job.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

nope, I have a life.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

i always enjoyed the 12 hour days i looked forward to them

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Lighten up folks; didn't Jesus say that the unique identifying mark of a True Christian © would be, "...if you do long hours knocking on unresponsive doors or stand next to a literature trolley."? (John 13:35)

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

When fellow Witnesses, especially elders and wanna-be elders spend a fraction of their "ministry hours" visiting, encouraging, and helping the brothers they've got already, then I'll view them as truly having Christ's mind.

Shepherds in the congregation? They shepherd the sheep with the most appealing 'wool'!

As long as they accept the Russellite/Rutherford/GB creed as to a the definition of a "true Christian", then they cannot claim to follow their true Leader sincerely!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit