Can you take someone with you in Judicial Committee?

by zound 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I had someone in mine. I refused to talk about my afair to three men and my to be ex-husband with out a sister in the room. They didn't like it but when I said i'm leaving now if you don't let me..... they talked for a while and let me keep my friend in the room. To be honest it helped me a lot

• freeflyingfaerie
    freeflyingfaerie

11. If the accused is a married sister, it is best to have her believing husband present for the hearing. He is her head, and his efforts to restore her and direct her can be very helpful. (1 Cor. 11 :3) If unusual circumstances are involved or the elders feel it would be best not to invite the husband because of their concerns for the safety of the wife, the elders should call the branch office.
    12. If the accused is a married brother, his wife would normally not attend the hearing. However, if the husband wants his wife to be present, she may attend a portion of the hearing. The judicial committee should maintain confidentiality.

Wow.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

it is best to have her believing husband present for the hearing.

But an unbelieving spouse? Sorry, that's verboten!

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

It just seems mental that these even happen at all, jc's ffs. Leave people alone!

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Never go to a JC without recording it somehow.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Never go to a JC (star chamber)!

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Marked.

• label licker
    label licker

And once bethel knows that you taped your jc, they will not want to get involved with you or your elders. They will lie as well as hang up on you in fear your taping them and yet when you call bethel, they let you know that your phone call is being monitored. They don't realise that when they run from us, they leave us no choice but to take it to the newspapers as well as talk shows. Taping is a protection for you, that's for sure.

They also said that they didn't want my husband in the meeting and I told them that he is staying by my side. They wanted to pull shit on me and without my husband there, I would have been seriously abused more so. I went to my jc to see who my accusers were and have alot of fun when I run into them when they don't have their elders to protect them. I enjoy watching them run as well as put their heads down towards the floor(an elders wife and her mother) out of shame. These elders don't realise the harrassment they have created. We are not going away.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I brought a friend. I said there is no way I am going to discus personal information with three men and my to be ex-husband without another female in the room. If you say no I'll just go home now, or her home since at that time I was homeless.... They "talked" then said ok.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

sorry for the double post long day at work :(

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit