Breaking News --- England Retain the Ashes. Up yours Aussies.

by Slidin Fast 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

It wasn't pretty, it wasn't how we wanted it but we are in England and it rains here. You can't argue with two good wins previously. Can the Aussies rescue their pride for the rest of the series?

What has happened to the Austalian grip on sport. I come from the county of Yorkshire, we beat you in th olympics last year as one county against the whole of Aussie.

• cofty
    cofty

I'm passionate about sport and about the UK but I just don't get cricket.

Lots of standing around for days on end and then they all agree to call it a draw hmmmm!

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

There is no game like it. Tell me any sport where determination and skill, athleticisim and dexterity, speed of eye, stength of arm can go on for five days interupted by meals, sleep weather and interpretation of the pitch it is played on.

Not only that, the tension and excitement can go on for the whole summer, a series of five of these five day cliffhangers over months played out through out the country. The result as in 2005 can be decided on the last ball of the last over during the last day of the last match.

Check out the Botham's ashes from 1981, never to be forgotten. Look at the legends of the English, Aussie, West Indian and the other test nations. Pure sporting gold.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Oh man cricket takes a while to even begin to understand if you don't already grow up around it. So many rules it is maddening.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

There are no rules in cricket, the game is governed by LAWS.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Mondial 2014!

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

yeah yeah cos of some rain you get a default draw to retain the ashes...now if you had won the test in commanding fashion like in the second maybe some crowing would be in order but i think what this series has shown is just how important it is to win the toss in England!

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

oh and BTW just visited yorkshire on the weekend - very scenic and friendly people particularly when I pened my mouth and the Aussie accent came out and then they would offer you beers to stay and talk about the cricket and how crap we are now...

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Can the Aussies rescue their pride for the rest of the series?

The Aussies resuced their pride in this match, handing the English a firm beating. England's miserable weather coming to their rescue is nothing to gloat in.

It is a shame that one day of rain has ruined not only this match, but takes away the excitement from the rest of the ashes.

• wezz
    wezz

Sorry, I missed it. To be honest, I really don’t bother with these two minnows .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit