had another conversation with my wife this morning

by Crazyguy 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Also set a good example by being happy and showing her love. I love-bombed my husband. It's one of the ways JWs convert you to their religion, so use it against them! Love bomb your wife. Take her out. Tell her you love her. Cuddle her. Show her love.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Avoid discussing doctrine.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Ask her if she believes in the "new scrolls" which the FDS promises us, then ask her why Revelation 20:1-12 contradicts the three statements made about them by the Org;

1) They ain't "new".

2) They don't contain "wonderful new teachings".

3) They definitely ain't opened during Christ's 1000 year reign. They're opened after Satan is destroyed!

Someone at the Brooklyn Writing Committee neeeds to come up with a "new light" concerning this particular fairy story!!

Mind you, I'd honestly rather they didn't, because the joy I get revealing this blatant mutilation of inspired Scriptures to brothers & sisters (including an elder and his wife) is heart-warming!

I am happy to have spread a seed of truth which may produce fruitage sooner or later!

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

@Crazyguy: I'm with leavingwt on this. It doesn't help. You will just be viewed as Satan incarnate and she will most likely go into full-defense mode. Having tried that, I now prefer to just ask questions about material in the current WT study article, with a confused look on my face. And then when she gets back from the meeting ask about any 'insights' provided during the 'study'.

• label licker
    label licker

By her going to the elders with questions, they eventually will turn on her. Get her to ask why the sabbath was not done away with after Jesus death and why Paul was still keeping it years after Jesus died. Even Jesus kept the feasts and sabbaths. He came to teach and put all that back to how Jehovah commanded it in Leviticus. And Jehovah said to keep doing it indefinetely. Society even took a line out of the bible that confirms Paul was going up to Jeruselum to keep the feast.

The elders didn't even want to see our bibles both dated the same year and yet one had the brackets in and the other had the brackets out. They said it wasn't important. Umm, yes it is for they have two different meanings now. But you can't reason with them until Jehovah removes the vale of their faces. It sure is fun watching them squirm and give you an answer like apostates like giving questions that society can't answer and do you believe the fds is the fds. She won't know what hit her, trust me.

• label licker
    label licker

Also, once the elders start getting defencive on her, you will be the person she'll feel safe with and know she can talk to you about anything without any back lashes. Julia has it right. Love bomb her for my husband was by my side every inch of the way includeing in my jc hearing. Even when the elders told me he couldn't be there I got my own way in the end and thank god he was there for they tried to pull some heavy crap on me.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

What scriptures are you talking about that they removed and had brackets around in one of your bibles, also not sure what you're talking about concerning the keeping the sabbaths and festivals?

• Ding
    Ding

Often, the harder you push, the more vigorously JWs will defend the organization.

I recommend easing up for awhile and listening for ANYTHING she might say that indicates she's waking up.

When that happens, DON'T pounce on it; just let her talk.

She has to see it for herself, and often something that wouldn't affect you at all ends up being a critical piece of the puzzle for someone else.

• label licker
    label licker

The two soft covered bibles we have are both revised 1984. The scriptures where one bible has the brackets are at Romans 6:7 For he who has died has been acquitted from (his) sin. It's not your death but Jesus death who acquitted you from sin. The King James and other bibles just read For he who is dead is freed from sin. Get it? And the other scripture is found at Colossians 1:16 which reads because by means of him all (other) things were created in the heavens and upon the earth, the things visible and the things invisible, no matter whether they are thrones or lordships or governments or authorities. All (other) things have been created through him and for him. The other same bible has the brackets taken away. With the brackets it separates Jesus from the rest but with out the brackets it supports a trinity. He's all in one. And that's what the society doesn't want. Acts 18:21 has a whole line taken out. What it reads is Paul bidding them farewell saying by all means I must keep the feast that is coming in Jerusalem but I will return again unto you if god will. If they kept the feasts in the old testament and we will be keeping them in the millenium Zechariah 14 then why wouldn't we be practicing them now so we'll know how to do them after. All the days and months on when to do them are recorded in the bible. And we have the two witnesses to verify when to do the Passover as well, the moon and the barley. The moon and the sun were put here for the appointed times. The appointed times not meaning day and night as you will find out as you read on in the bible. And all the feasts match up to the trumpets. Jesus made rich all the feasts at his death. Four of the trumpets have been done and now we await the next three. It's all there in the bible. Right to Revelation. As far as the teachings of the Sabbaths, feasts and festivals, and trumpets look up 119 ministries, Jim Staley, Michael Rood Nehemiah Gordon ect,, there's quite afew really good torah teachers as well as scholars you can listen to and there's just no way you can dispute their teachings once you've listened to afew of them. I just makes too much sense and makes the bible so much easier to understand. Almost too easy once you see what you were never taught from the society. We talking yesterday at our study and all of us said the same thing, how is it we came across these teachings. The only thing we can think of is Yehovah is calling his lost people back. The veils are being lifted off of peoples faces. Check it out and let me know what you think. It's way closer to the truth than these goons. Look at the scripture at Zechariah 14:16-19 says we'll be keeping the festival of booths like they did when they came out of Egypt. Leviticus 23:41 reads we do it as a statute to time indefinite. Exodus 31:16 says to keep the Sabbath to time indefinite. Jesus is lord of the Sabbath. He kept the Sabbath and came to teach what the Pharisees had gone beyond what was written in the Law or Torrah. Check it out. These torrah teachers use the whole bible but will tell you in order to understand the greek you have to read the Hebrew scriptures first. Everything Jesus taught was from the Torrah. Paul was well versed in the torrah and quoted from it all the time. You start to get a different meaning from the bible once you start just using the bible and no doctrinal literature. That's what we have found. There is no true religion out there until Jesus comes again but this so far is way closer than what we were taught. There you go, some new research for you to look up that will quickly take your mind away from the cult you have been serving. Your wife won't feel so bad once you show her what the society has been hiding from you. Test everything to make sure it originates with god and his purpose

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

Crazyguy, you should know better than to challenge her directly. You only activate her cult personality and out her on her heels. Why put up a wall when you are trying to reach her? Of course it can be frustrating to be so patient. Remember all those creation debates we had a while back? Even when presented with irrefutable evidence, you were still unwilling to consider the fact that you were wrong. That is normal, that's how humans argue.

"When the other side fails to be affected by such good reasons, each side concludes that the other side must be closed minded or insincere.” - Jonathan Heidt.

Try casually asking her questions that will make her think and have more questions. Try to remember the way your brain would react when challenged on JW issues when you believed. You being wrong wouldn't make any difference to your believing that you were right.

Dont tell me you haven't read any of Steve Hassan's books yet......?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit