Would You Have Agreed to Get Baptized IF:

by Perry 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Perry
    Perry

They would have told you beforehand that Jesus was NOT your mediator?

• clarity
    clarity

Perry ..................................hi

Would I?

OMG .....NO!

and

If they told me I would be required to go D2D 10 hrs/mth,

& write the time & # of magazines on a piece of paper every month

for the rest of my life.......................NO!

>

If I knew that I might have to let my kids DIE .....................NO!

If I knew that If I questioned anything, I would be shunned by anyone jw!

Even my grand children would have nothing to do with me.............NO!

>

If I knew that the society is a deceiving CULT ................ NO!

>

Perry when time permits I will tell you how I really feel!!!!!

ps.......how is your bird?

clarity

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

I did not fully understand what I was getting into. Now I do not believe in Jesus as being anything but maybe a human that lived 2000 years ago.

• HarryMac
    HarryMac

Yeah, I wasn't overly concerned with any details either. Believed it, signed up, it was the right thing to do. That attitude doesn't cut it in the real world with contract law... but hey... I was young... they like 'em young!

• prologos
    prologos

I was a one issue believer too, but as reality set in over the decades, the realisation that it was all wrong, but no regrets, a life well lived.

baptized in 1957 the one issue has been solved.

to the mediator question: this will not be decided in Brooklyn or upstate NY.

To declare themselfs to be the only mediated ones borders on blaspemy.

All creation was pronounced "very good" and it is a good life.

make it so.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Yes because i would still have believed they were chosen in in 1918/19 and were the anointed.

They were fulfilling the preaching of the Good News and commissioned as a modern day Ezekiel. Identifying yourself as a Jehovah Witness was important for your salvation leaving false religion behind. Christ had returned invisibly in 1914, the sign of the Son of Man seen with the eyes of faith.That's how i understood it.

I was also only 12 or 13.

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Interesting question Perry, because WT does not have a specific paragraph that comes out and says this but maybe once in 20 years.

It is a very well hid but basic truth of Jehovah's Witnesses. WT will dance around using terminology like the ransom sacrifice and how all mankind will benefit from it, or that the term mediator is a legal term that applies to the ones purchased from the earth, but then they will indicate that all of mankind is basically purchased from the earth. Many unsuspecting readers will assume that Christ is the mediator for all men, as Timothy says, but you have to read the fine legal print that Watchtower does not include everyone as they put in brakets {but Not ALL men}.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

JakeM2012:

Watchtower does not include everyone as they put in brakets {but Not ALL men}.

They almost did exactly that. What they really did was translate pas in 1 Tim 2:4 as "all sorts of."

I posted comments and an experience about this here.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Jesus never came into the equation.

I was 12 and my dad told me it was time I got baptised.

No argument.

George

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I was raised in the cult and got craptized to please my parents and be more elligable for girls.

The specifics and theology were of no importance to me.........my aim was sexual liaison as soon as possible!

All a waste of time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit