Would You Have Agreed to Get Baptized IF:

by Perry 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Laika
    Laika

Yes. I got baptised because I believed it was the truth and assumed the society knew what they were talking about.

• designs
    designs

Like anyother religion the Wt. has the bases covered, good people go here bad people go there. When a person gets baptized as a JW they are thinking they will live forever on earth as opposed to some other religion telling a new member they will be in heaven, seriously what's the big deal. Fantasy is fantasy.

• Perry
    Perry

designs,

Christianity is virtually unique in that it alone claims that every person will be judged after they die:

Heb. 9:27 "it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment"

It is also virtually alone in that it states unequivocally that "there is no one righteous, no, not one"

It is also true that it ALONE claims that the penalty for unrighteousness has already been paid, and that one merely needs to believe upon Jesus to escape the penalty of judgment.

Christianity bears little resemblence to works based belief systems.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

When you are a born-in, you really don't have a choice, right?! To this day I am still confused. It's impossible to say, what's done is done. My personal reasons for getting baptized were because I honestly felt my Creator knew the best course for me. I had no loyalty to men, although there was peer pressure. Later, as I learned all the "truths" that I should have already known, I believed in the Channel/GB. Then as time passsed I woke up.

I never knew about the "mediator" issue because if was obscurred intentionally by the WTBTS. Perhaps the WTBTS's sole purpose is to be a vessel for a dishonorable use? Had I not been raised a dub, then I would not know TTATT, and I would not be me??

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I was baptised as a JW over half a Century ago, then we were Baptised using these questions :

" The first question is: Have you recognized yourself before Jehovah God as a sinner who needs salvation, and have you acknowledged to him that this salvation proceeds from him, the Father, through his Son Jesus Christ?

The second question is: On the basis of this faith in God and in his provision for salvation, have you dedicated yourself unreservedly to God to do his will henceforth as he reveals it to you through Jesus Christ and through the Bible under the enlightening power of the holy spirit? "

I therefore believed that God would reveal His will to me, and what was Truth, through Jesus and the Bible, with the help of Holy Spirit.

Had the WT contended at the time (very early 1960's) that Jesus was not my mediator, I would have thought "Oh yes He is ! the Bible plainly says so !"

I don't remember them saying anything then like that, though they may have inferred it.

At that tender age I had decided what was complete nonsense from the WT and had rejected it, but being born-in I believed it to be the religion God was using.

What a pity I did not take my sceptism further, until decades later !

• designs
    designs

Thanks for the Info-mercial Perry. Did you notice the contradiction in the philosophy in paragrah 4.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit