Branch Organization Manual! download .....

by notgoinback 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

In an earlier post, I had mentioned that Julian Assange of Wikileaks is of the opinion that the more an authoritarian regime's internal information is publicly exposed, the more that regime will self-censor in an attempt to contain that exposure, eventually crippling its own ability to communicate internally.

You just helped.

Welcome to the jungle, dude.

• notgoinback
    notgoinback

Hello everyone once again,

I just wanted to point out Chapter 24 of "Branch Organization Manual" titled Writing Articles for "The Watchtower" and "Awake!", the writers for these magazines and other JW literature don't have to be annointed or the Governing Body! (JWs believe that the Governing Body writes their literature)

I know that many of you guys here may know that already, but this info could be used as proof that we are not making up lies but essentially we are quoting from their own manuals and from other experinced ex-Bethelites. (My mom still believes that the JW books are written by her Gods- the governing body- besides me showing her proof -_____- ..... but oh well, as long as she still talks to me besides me being disfellowedshipped)

So yeah, this manual is extremely detailed at how the Watchtower and the JWs are orgazined and you will find useful bits of info that in turn can be used to expose and cripple the org.

ttul, gotta go back to study mode for my college final

• Glitch
    Glitch

Ever since I can remember just about every JW I knew would make remarks such as “Our bible is translated by scholars from the original Greek and Hebrew scriptures.” And “our bible is the most accurate translation there is.” Well, maybe not…

Anyone else read this manual? I just had a face-in-palm moment!

I only skimmed through the manual, however this stood out...

Chapter 25

Translation

“46. BIBLE TRANSLATION.... It is not necessary for Bible translators to know Hebrew and Greek. They do not necessarily have to be the translators with the most experience…”

Knowledge of these languages is NOT necessary? No experience necessary? That defies common sense!

And this …

“48. However, if there is a specific need for the New World Translation, as when a particular point in question is made only by it, then the verse may be translated from it. If just one word or phrase from the New World Translation is inserted in the text, it should be placed in brackets [], and the New World Translation should be cited in italics inside the brackets as the source. For example: “The Lord [“Jehovah,” NW] is my shepherd.” Whenever passages are translated directly from the New World Translation, the translators should keep a file of these scriptures as they have been rendered into the vernacular. By using this file, such scriptures will be rendered consistently in the future. The file should be accessible to all the translators, either on cards or electronically. If duplicate files need to be kept for use by translators outside Bethel, all of these should be kept up to date.”

So, is this is where they imply it’s OK to change the scriptures?

And this…

“50. CONFIDENTIALITY: It is important that translators keep their work confidential. Apart from the responsible brothers and those involved in the project, others (including marriage mates and other Bethelites) do not need to know (a) what is being translated and (b) who is translating a particular item. No publication should ever be associated with a particular person. This is especially so in the case of Bible translators. This confidentiality protects both the organization and the translators.”

…“protects both the organization and the translators”….hmmm, in case someone finds out what? That scriptures were changed to fit current doctrine?

Glitch

• Quendi
    Quendi

Welcome and thank you very much for this information!

Quendi

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

You have a very powerful weapon at your disposal. Anything in there that would possibly help with the Elizabeth McFarland sex abuse case?

• Bella15
    Bella15

“46. BIBLE TRANSLATION.... It is not necessary for Bible translators to know Hebrew and Greek. They do not necessarily have to be the translators with the most experience…”

“50. CONFIDENTIALITY: It is important that translators keep their work confidential. Apart from the responsible brothers and those involved in the project, others (including marriage mates and other Bethelites) do not need to know (a) what is being translated and (b) who is translating a particular item. No publication should ever be associated with a particular person. This is especially so in the case of Bible translators. This confidentiality protects both the organization and the translators.”

... REALLY???!!! .... WOW ... I am so glad I am out and I NEVER LET MY CHILDREN NEAR THIS CULT AND RELATIVES STILL IN ...

• Emery
    Emery

Is there some kind of liability issue here when it comes to the NWT translation? I mean why the secrecy?

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Point 46 blows my mind: "... It is not necessary for Bible translators to know Hebrew and Greek...."

How can BIBLE TRANSLATORS not know (Koine) Greek or Hebrew, since these were the very languages used to write the Bible?? If you wanted to, oh, say, "TRANSLATE" the Bible from these languages, would it not be necessary to, let's see, have KNOWLEDGE about these languages??

Is that not what the word TRANSLATE means??? To translate from one language to another?? How can you do this if you only know and speak ONE language?? What the heck are they even talking about when using the word translate? Perhaps they got it mixed up with the word TRANSPLANT. As in transplanting a THOUGHT or IDEA into the text (thus making it personal interpretation or commentary) and calling that a TRANSLATION??

Head is spinning.

• sir82
    sir82
    Point 46 blows my mind: "... It is not necessary for Bible translators to know Hebrew and Greek...."
    How can BIBLE TRANSLATORS not know (Koine) Greek or Hebrew, since these were the very languages used to write the Bible??

Note that all Bible translation work done by the WTS branch offices is [English Language New World Translation] to [Some other language NWT].

In the WTS view, the English NWT is the "authoritative" version of the Bible, as near to perfectly translated from Hebrew/Greek to English as is humanly possible.

So, to translate [English NWT] into [some-other-language NWT] it is not necessary for those translators to know Hebrew or Greek.

In other words, the only [original language to modern language] translation of the Bible that is officially sanctioned by the WTS is Fred Franz's 1950-1960 English translation.

• OneEyedJack
    OneEyedJack

Thanks for sharing, my to-read list keeps growing.

People ask why there is such an amount of secrecy with the translators. Its because if they are kept confidential, no one can question their qualifications. A brother who worked in my department in Brooklyn spoke russian and another language from that part of the world (I'm not hiding the language, just cant remember it at the moment). He was a nice enough guy, but had never been to school to be formally trained in anything like that. He got shipped to another country to work in their translation department, doing actual translating. It was the joke of our department that whatever language he was working on might not be getting that "extra portion of holy spirit" that the dubs always pray for.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit