No windows on Kingdom Halls?

by just_a_girl 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Oop! Looks like someone hit a nerve!

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• apostate man
    apostate man

Bomb threats.....BUllshit. Eggs, so what? A few halls with eggs on it is no big thing, were talking WINDOWS here.

Spender, How many Halls are there in the US alone? Maybe, Just maybe, you had one hall here and there that had a bomb threat, so what? By not putting windows in the building going to save you? Nope.

:dubs are hated more than other religions because they're the ones that come to people's doors bugging them about religion every two weeks.
    AMEN, Spender, I agree 110% on that. But, if you're saying that is why they don't have windows, I still disagree. There are no "Religious Vandals" out there that I know of, preying on the church goers only. Vandalism is vandalism, whether it's to a church, business or home.

Break the chains that bind you,
    unless, of course, you're into that sort of thing.
  • apostate man
    apostate man

One more thing. I would agree that a Hall in a high crime area, that was built without windows, was built that way to prevent break-ins, vandalism, whatever. But were talking, what, maybe 97% of the Halls in the world(total guess on that number)have no windows? Thats a lot of high crime areas OR there's a different reason. COST.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Spender is correct, the main rason is to limit theft and vandalism. Also, our old Hall had windows, and on two ocassions, they were also shot through with a high powered rifle from across the highway. So, in some cases, safety is an issue. Some churches have taken sdimilar precautions. It also reduces insurance costs. Finally, it is a little faster and cheaper to eliminate windows during construction.

Following Bible principles, we will avoid trying to live - or demand others to live - by an extensive and rigid set of dos and don'ts that go beyond the teachings of the Bible. The Watchtower, 4-15-02, pg 22, pp 15

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

At our kingdom hall they have a huge picture window right behind the platform. They have the blinds closed during the public talk, but during the WT study they open it up and it's beautiful, we live in the foothills and the mountains and the oak trees are quite majestic. It gives you something to look at during the study when your daydreaming (oops I mean paying close attention!)

"The reward for conformity was that everyone liked you except yourself."

Rita Mae Brown

• spender
    spender

AM: there was at least 5 halls in the area directly surrounding Salisbury, Maryland all had bomb threats taped to the door. We had to have 2 brothers check everyone who walked in, and we would not allow any one to enter after the meeting started. We locked the doors. We had security systems set up in the halls. So don't tell me you know better, because 1) You weren't there, and 2) you weren't even a JW to begin with!

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

spender hun, I know that there may have been a few bomb threats but it certianly is not the norm.

I myself was told by the sister who gave me my study, when I asked about the window issue that it was in fact so there would be no distractions. I guess it just depends on who you ask since I have also been told it was to save money.

Try not to get so upset about it. It isn't really a big deal why they don't have windows. ((((((((hugs))))))))))

Lilacs

I don't want someone in my life I can live with. I want someone in my life I can't live without.
  • RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

I've seen Halls both with windows and without. The original Hall I used to attend initially had windows, but there were several instances of vandalism (i.e. BB shot), and all of the windows were removed.

Other Halls have had windows, but they were generally high up in the wall so that they could be used for light and ventilation, but not for viewing the outside.

• apostate man
    apostate man

Can someone say "PARANOIA"? I thought Jehovah protects JWs when they're in service? That is the mindset of Dubs, "We're being suppressed and tortured".

Amazing, thanks for agreeing with me.
    :So, in some cases, safety is an issue. It also reduces insurance costs.... a little faster and cheaper to eliminate windows during construction.

Break the chains that bind you,
    unless, of course, you're into that sort of thing.
  • apostate man
    apostate man

Spender, I am not trying to flame with you, its just my OPINION that it is a cost issue.
    Think about it. Why would they build a building with no windows, other than a money issue, when they are teaching that Armageddon is right around the corner, and the Halls will be empty then anyway?

I also wonder why they limit a cong. to about 200 or so people?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit