Telling my wife that I would accept a blood transfusion

by Daniel1555 22 Replies latest watchtower medical

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I also don't want to destroy her faith as everyone has freedom of religion and conscience

I'm do not see the connection. Showing her information and letting her draw her own conclusion is not encroaching on her freedom of religion and conscience. Her faith is misfounded if facts will destroy it. Her freedom is being stifled by belonging to a religion does takes away her freedom to hear opposing points of view.

I have received emails from people that had their children die because they refused them blood. After such tragedy, they came to realise they had been misled, and their children died as a result. I think every parent would like to know that they are doing the best thing to protect their child and having information withheld from them is worse than having your faith confronted.

I am not suggesting you rock the boat, but don't hold back because you think it is the honorable thing to do. Hold back if you think it is required to keep your family together.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

JWFACTS! your emails are so sad I just want to cry.

Anyhow, when I had surgery the doctor asked me about blood transfusion in case of emergency. Although most my family members are no longer attending I did not want anyone see me get a transfusion. The doctor said they would make sure that only staff would see and family and friends would not see.

I have blood disorders was told my entire life I would die if needed surgery, so I was fortunate that I did not need blood transfusion!

If you decide to tell your wife perhaps you could suggest that friends and family do not need to know and arrange for the doctors to keep the transfusion private.

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

Thank you sarahsmile and jwfacts.

Jwfacts: with some people (many jw and also my wife) you can reason with a lot of facts and the only answer is; "the light gets brighter" or "we have to wait on Jehovah."

As you said, misguided people have let their child die. That's why it is important that she knows the facts and about my conscience decision. I just have to find the right time and right words.

Jwfacts. Thank you so much for your website. It is of such a great value.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit