The Mermaid Goes to the District Convention and this is what She Hears

by Cadellin 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

I do think this DC has ratcheted up the phobic cultspeak a few notches. What really struck me was the heightened binary—everything is black and white, either evil/worldly or good/approved by the org. There is virtually no room left for a conscience or personal decision making.

Some observations:

1. The first demo Fri am was of a bible study telling the sister that she can’t have her study this morning. “Last night, I got into a discussion with Steve about the Bible and I really let him have it. And do you know what he did? HE HIT ME!” sobs the bible study.

“Oh, I am so sorry,” says the sister. “You did not deserve that. Jehovah does not approve of hitting. But maybe you could have handled it better. Here, read [Scrip on showing love].”

“But Steve never does any of those things!” says the study.

“Well, who’s trying to be the Christian here?” retorts the sister.

Sound familiar? Yup, it’s almost word for word the experience in the Feb 2012 WT. Except for a careful addition: The first two sentences the sister says about you not deserving that and Jehovah not approving of hitting are ADDED. They are NOT in the WT. I went home and looked it up on the CD-ROM. Anyone else notice that?

So much for “authentic” experiences.

2. The first scrip read—the very first in the whole program—was Prov 4 on the light getting brighter and its application to how “our understanding of truth is progressive and refined.” That scrip was used twice during the morning and there were repeated statements about progressive revealing of truth.

3. Evolution is now lumped in with the trinity and hellfire as false doctrine. Go figure. I suppose they’re trying to recast it as completely disassociated from actual scientific investigation.

4. One of the final talks had the weirdest illustration I’ve heard in a long time—in fact, I couldn’t for the life of me figure out what the speaker was getting at until he finally explained the application. Suppose you are looking to buy a house and the realtor takes you to nice gated community. The house is great, except that the realtor says that there are a few rules within the community. First, everyone believes in free love and sleeps with everyone else. Second, there are “propaganda meetings” that are mandatory because the community wants to control the direction of your life. Any guesses? He’s talking about college campuses! This led to an extended discussion of how Christian parents would never expose their children etc. etc.

5. The Apostate talk was a doozy. I have NEVER heard of so much vitriol in such a short amount of time. The Bethel speaker was almost trembling. I decided that I would just take down every negative characterization. The most hilarious part, though, is that Satan runs a restaurant! Yes, Satan's diner, where demons are sous-chefs and human apostates the kitchen help. All I could think of was--someone's been watching a little too much Chef Ramsey.

Anyway, here goes. Without any grammatical adjustments or modifiers, in fourteen minutes, apostates are:

Evil, poisonous, unruly, poisonous lies, deceive minds, prefer the table of the demons, slanderous, infected, diseased workers, pushed away from Jah's table, decided on the table of the demons, oppose Jah's will, part of the seed of the serpent, prideful, reject counsel, have earthly wisdom, animalistic, pride that escalates into bitterness, jealousy, reject God's service, draw men after themselves, only claim to worship God, too prideful to preach, like kidnappers, prey upon others, speak twisted things, create divisions, resort to distortions, half-truths, lies, malicious, intend to deceive, speak counterfeit words, twist scriptures, employ clandestine methods, use smooth talk in blogs, don't care about others, hypocrites, false faced, claim to be your brother, don't have an original thought, only want to criticize, claim to serve God but reject his representatives. Reject GB, reject overseers, reject elders, lie to authorities, seek to discredit organization, use media to lie, picket in front of Bethel, have wicked works, like someone with an infectious disease, mentally diseased, want to infect others, like rotten fish, not sincere in their expressions, double-hearted, want to undermine your faith, opposers, walk against the truth, part of the antichrist, work with Satan in his evil kitchen.

I counted 64 negative characteristics in 14 minutes, which makes 4.5 or so every minute. That's without any kind of surrounding grammatical construction, which of coure, the speaker supplied. But this gives you an idea of the tenor. Actually, I thought a couple of things were odd: Not having an original thought! And "working with Satan in his evil kitchen." Direct quote. I had to giggle at that.

The speaker also said, "Don't we feel that you can say whatever you want about me, but don't say a word about my mother. Well, our mother is the organization. Shouldn't we defend our mother?"

The exhortation was imperative and repetitive: Don't read, don't talk, don't respond, don't say a word, don't even glance at what apostates produce. This was said over and over and over.

Yeesh.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

"The speaker also said, "Don't we feel that you can say whatever you want about me, but don't say a word about my mother. Well, our mother is the organization. Shouldn't we defend our mother?"

This proves it's a cult. JW's worship the organization and the GB, end of story... It's become so out of control, I don't think it can be fixed. You just can't even begin to reason with anyone, there is something fundamentaly wrong with almost every single teaching they have. The " spiritual Mother " teaching does not hold up under the slightest scrutinty. Still, "Mother" says she is right, so she must be. Why? Because she says so... Mind Boggling.

I can't imagine the next DC being worse than this last one, but it could happen. The great thing about the DC's is that they are a window into the minds of the GB. They are also like a giant "local needs" talk. What' going on in the Org, what is bothering "Mother" right now? What concerns "mother"?

1) Apostates

2) Education

3) Doctrinal changes

4) Contributions

Basically, " Mother" is going to change your beliefs at will, you will believe them. Mother was never "wrong" she is progressive. Do NOT further your education. Stay away from the internet, except for the site "Mother" approves, aka, JW.ORG. Apostates are who "Mother" says they are, and there will be no discussion about it. Continue to honor "Mother" with your valuable things. Mother is sh** crazy.

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Spot On DATA-DOG. If they had nothing to fear why are they goint to such great lengths in saying all these things? We all know the answer to that one. I remember when Ray Franz was df and the stuff the then GB was bringing out in their Maz. . It raised a few red flags for me back then. I only wish I listen to myself on that subject. It took me until 2007 for me to finally come awake. This is how powerful the Cult thinking is. Good job Cadellin thanks for the insight. Totally ADD

• cantleave
    cantleave

They are worried!

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Great job; did you list all the apostate epithets from notes or recordings?

• frogonmytoe
    frogonmytoe

How long has this 'Mother' thing been around, I stopped going about 3 and a half years ago and can't remember the Borg being described as our 'mother'. Is that just due to lack of concentration, never reading the literature or just because Chef Satan kept me working at the dessert station all day?!

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

Thanks for the review! That Friday a.m. Demo irks me. I had zero plans to attend this year (first time missing). May have to check out some of this nonsense just to get a feel for what my family is being brainwashed with so I can ask choice questions. Doesn't it ever cross anyone's mind there that Jesus didn't treat nonbelievers that way??

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Mermaid, Nice job in taking notes. Don't know how you were able to sit through all the vitrol. To me it seems that the WTBTS want their new 'truth' to be accepted without a moments hesitation, so they attack, making anyone who isn't choking the message down without reservation, feel guilty.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff
    How long has this 'Mother' thing been around, I stopped going about 3 and a half years ago and can't remember the Borg being described as our 'mother'

They seem to have ramped up the talk about the organization being Mother (really, 8 isolated, insulated white guys in NY are our mother?).

And you will seldom hear a prayer from any brother that doesn't thank Jehovah for, and implore his blessing on, (cue the heavenly horns trilling) the Governing Body.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The " Mother " teaching is not new. They have just revived it. I believe it made it's latest appearence at the 2012 DC. It went hand in hand with the " Who is doing God's Will " brochure. It is a twisted interpretation that obscures the identity of " Jerusalem above." It's messed up beyond words..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit