JW.org passwords

by slimboyfat 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

What are the passwords for on JW.org? Are there different levels of pass? Have the passwords ever been leaked?

• Laika
    Laika

The login? Yes, there are different levels.

I use to have a username and password which allowed me access to a part of the site where I could change the magazine order for the Congregation. I was given access to this by the Congregation Secretary as I was in charge of the magazine counter. At the time, I think only myself and the Secretary had this access.

My Dad had an elder's pass that allowed him to read letters from the Watchtower Society to elders. I helped him set up his account as he was not very computer literate and use to use it so I could get access to the Oral Review questions which were also posted on the elder's section...

When you register and then login there's a little code in, I think, the bottom right hand side of the page, you give that code to your Congregation Secretary and he can use it to assign you different levels of access.

If you forget your password and request a new one, as happened to my Dad, you automatically lose your access and need to go through the whole registration process with your Secretary again so security is tight.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Oh I guess that makes elders feel really special with their own little codes. Jason Bourne eat your heart out.

Do COs and higher have different levels still?

• Tech49
    Tech49

Yes, CO's and DO's have their own level of access. Example: They can submit all their congregation visit summaries, recommendations for appointments, etc online, and have direct access to "special" areas that will never be seen by anyone else.

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

Does the higher ups realize nothing on the internet is really secure.

• BobFlanagan007
    BobFlanagan007

Oh to have some of those passwords and codes, imagine the immature mischief that could be had (probably not much)

• rebel8
    rebel8

Wow, I didn't think they would put anything confidential there.

hmm. Nobody tell Anonymous.

• Justnowout
    Justnowout

There is an administrator in each congregation who says what privlideges a person gets, meaning what rights they have to view what documents

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Just type in " GreatCrowd1914 " and " Boozerford1925." I am pretty sure a teenager could hack their site.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

So um, who's got some passwords they're gonna share?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit