JW couple die 1 day apart after being married for 75 years!

by ohiocowboy 29 Replies latest jw friends

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Thanks for sharing ohiocowboy. I hope that their children have a memorial for them that celebrates their lives together, instead of an informercial about the WTBTS.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Dagney
    Dagney

I knew this couple my whole life and we ended up together in my last congregation, Helen always said she couldn't live without Les. He fell and broke his neck a few years ago and actually recovered. She was a beauty full of quiet grace, and he was the kindest man with a giggle every time he saw you.

It is as it should be. RIP Les and Helen.

• still thinking
    still thinking

WOW! 75 years. And they sound as though they were so happy together. How lovely. So nice to hear stories of people who love each other. Thanks for sharing Ohiocowboy.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

There is one thing I find quite heartwarming here. As much as the ex-JW community dislike the WT, at least they can put there differences aside and honour these 2 outstanding individuals. Good on you every every one, it goes to show that apostates have a heart. RIP

• designs
    designs

I knew them from the 1960s on, great great people, the picture in the news really captured their sweat character.

RIP Helen and Les

• mouthy
    mouthy

Thanks for that Ohio.It is that kind of love that makes the world go round.
    Not the hate that the WT taught my kids to practice.Helen & Les knew GODs love....RIP..

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

thanks ohio for posting, what a heart warming story . and SHAME on you truth hurts.

that kind of comment really helps doesn't it.

• steve2
    steve2

Marital happiness is marital happiness where ever it is found. Well done by this couple - what a lovely legacy for their offspring.

There is nothing to be gained by using this occasion to beat them up or pity them because of their religion. They were happy. God knows there are so many fraught and unhappy marriages where ever you look.

The loss of one's spouse in the context of a happy and close marriage is very sad.

A wonderful news item!

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

truthhurts13, that was a hateful comment. Shame.

Eden

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Wow! Thank you for all of the comments!!! It's neat that a few of you even knew the happy couple and had very nice things to say about them. It shows us once again that it's not the JW's themselves that we don't like, but rather it's the Watchtower that causes the divisions and hate amongst people due to their shunning doctrines.

Imagine how even more incredible their lives could have been without the restrictions imposed by the Watchtower! True love knows no bounds...

I'm glad that I helped make your day a little nicer by sharing this heartwarming story. With all the negativity in the world lately, such stories are sorely needed and welcomed!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit