So very confused and scared!

by MissConfused 25 Replies latest jw friends

• *lost*
    *lost*

Hi and welcome.

be proud of yourself, you have been set free. You know the truth. stay on the right path now.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

If you stay, you will only get more of the same, is that what you want? I heard something one time (Oprah, I think), that when people show you what they are the first time, believe them. They have shown you that they are critical, unloving and judgemental, so that is what you will get if you stay. As you have figured out, they present one side to the public, another to their own members. Being Hindu, you had a rich cultural heritage, which you will have to completely give up if you remain. Do you want your daughter to miss out on that?

There is nothing wrong with being Christian, if that is important to you, but think very carefully before you spend any more time in this group, there are many other Christian groups that are far more loving, something that Jesus said was a mark of true Christianity. Does being reprimanded for hours over a simple mistake sound loving? Do you want your daughter to be treated like than when she grows up? So many JW kids are disfellowshipped over mistakes made when they are immature teens, then their parents must shun them. I had a friend whose daughter was disfellowshipped over heavy petting. Imagine not being able to talk to your own child over something like that.

• flipper
    flipper

MISS CONFUSED- Welcome to the board ! Nice to have you here. Many of us have gone through what you are experiencing in the WT organization. At the risk of sounding blunt I'll be direct- you are in a mind control cult, not a religion. Jehovah's Witnesses are a front organization to promote WT Society business marketing schemes to collect more JW members in order to make more money $$$$.

So in answer to WHY the WT Society promotes CONDITIONAL alleged " caring " or dare I say " love " - it's a fake " caring " or " love " to promote WT Society business interests and you, me, all of us that were in the Jehovah's Witness organization were and are just pawns in a chess game serving WT leaders interests. It's been a business for 139 years- not a religion. It's a business pretending to be a religion disguising itself as such.

We are here for you my friend as a support and will continue to be here for you unconditionally, O.K. ? Take care, hang in there and it's nice to have you here. Peace out, mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

Oh ! I forgot to mention - 3 books that really helped me to see how I was controlled and deceived by a mind control organization like the wT Society and the tactics that were used are Steve Hassans 3 books titled : 1 . Combatting Cult Mind Control 2. Releasing the Bonds- Empowering People to Think for Themselves 3. Freedom of Mind - Helping Loved Ones Leave Controlling People, Cults and Beliefs.

I highly recommend reading these books. These books helped me VERY much in gaining my freedom of mind and understanding how WT Society uses guilt and fear to keep people trapped inside an unloving organization. You are not alone my friend. Hang in there

• MissConfused
    MissConfused

Thanks for your comments friends... I had two study conductors and both were gossip mangers, one of which was elders wife... Both back stabbed me shortly after my baptism. Elder's wife so proud of her 'respectable' position and not very humble too. But she used to get major parts in every convention and most of the time on stage. I began thinking why do people like this get to present, because if it was led by Jesus, why would he choose stupid pretentious people to encourage others? Won't this be a bad example to those who know them? But y'all know they have reasons for every flaw.... The more I think of this more I regret baptism...

• Thoughtless
    Thoughtless

KEEP ON FIGHTING THE GOOD FIGHT, SIS. I think what the Elder's did was just a total lack of judgment and shows that they are not qualified by holy spirit. Not by a long shot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit