So very confused and scared!

by MissConfused 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Comatose
    Comatose

Welcome, I know the beginning of learning the real truth about JWs is scary. Hang in there. There is so much more that life has to offer. Leave before your daughter understands and is scarred by this. Post on here to vent. Hang in there. Best wishes.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome MissConfused, I'm sorry that you became a JW, but you have the rest of your life to enjoy and be happy instead of being victimized by the WTBTS.

I would recommend that you do the following to help you make your plan(s) to fade from the WTBTS, and, if possible, help your husband to awaken or reaffirm his suspicions about the WTBTS:

• Post as much as possible on JWN to either vent your frustrations and to ask for help about specific points of your plan. It is better to vent your frustrations on JWN then to JWs.
    • Visit websites such as www.jwfacts.com, www.watchtowerdocuments.com, and www.jwsurvey.org, and www.freeminds2.org to name a few to research the WTBTS's history and changes in doctrines.
    • Visit Steve Hassan's website www.freedomofmind.com to learn more about the BITE control techniques that the WTBTS does use and how to overcome them. If you cannot afford to purchase Steve Hassan's book "Freedom of Mind: Helping Loved Ones Leave Controlling People, Cults and Beliefs" in an ebook format, see if you can either checkout his books at the library or at least watch the following two videos of Steve Hassan at least twice: "Steve Hassan explains SIA method to rescue loved ones from unhealthy situations (2003)" and "Steve Hassan at NYC Ethical Culture Society February 2013.
    • Make more non-JW friends that you and your husband would enjoy spending time with. By the way where do you live? India?
    • If you husband still believes that the WTBTS has the "Truth", start asking him simple questions to help him see what the WTBTS is. Reading Steve Hassan's books and posting on JWN will help you to help your husband.
    • Ask your husband to do fun things with you, to do fun things with non-JWs, and/or to learn about topics that will take a lot of time away from attending WTBTS meetings and reading WTBTS's propaganda. A very time comsuming topic to learn and one that will help you and your husband later in life is to learn about investing. If you lived in the USA, I would recommend going to the TD Ameritrade website and learn how to use ThinkorSwim to learn more about investing.

Best of wishes of you and your husband fading from the WTBTS. You are lucky that your mother is not a JW. Many JWs lose all their JW friends and family when they fade from the WTBTS.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Welcome to JWN.

Bangalore

• laverite
    laverite

Welcome, MissC. You are not alone. Not by a long shot.

• Thor
    Thor

Hi MissConfused and welcome! Try to take it slow and one day at a time, you don't have to do anything in a hurry. How does your husband feel about leaving the organization?

Mrs. Thor

• MissConfused
    MissConfused

My hubby on the other hand, does not want to leave the org. He has not been regular to meeting, not once since i know him (for last 8 years) has he been to FS. But all he says is, we get to learn good things and lets just filter the ones we benifit and others ignore. He does really care for the brotherly love with in org, but i guess he is scared that Jehovah may take away all the blessings that has been bestowed upon us all these years :(

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Welcome!

You've been duped by a 19th century American religion that has survived into the 21st century using money and lies. It makes many promises of a better life, a good life filled with loving friends and a hope for the future. However, it's a scam. The promised paradise is now 100 years late. The supposed friends you get are conditional and very judgmental. If you are interested in Christianity, learn what the Bible says about peace, love, and forgiveness. Jesus never built a church or printing press.

• MissConfused
    MissConfused

I dont know how people can put up with these lies everytime that they change.. Why arent these lies exposed while taking up Bible studies? This will have people take in informed decision to go ahead with this religion fighting against all odds. They restrict any kinda research outside the WT publications... What an idiot i was!!!

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi MissConfused, You are a trusting, compassionate, and spirtual person, who happened to be recruited by a dangerous cult with deceit and love bombing. You are a cult survivor!!

If you read Steve Hassan's books (e.g., "Combatting Cult Mind Control"), you will learn how Steve Hassan was recruited by the Moonies with similar techniques and how he was rescued from the Moonies against his initial will/wishes.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

MsConfused,

thats a very bizarre story.

it's the past. get on with your life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit