New JW.ORG exhibit

by cantleave 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cantleave
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Disgusting.. I am sure this is all I will hear about, " Honey, let's spend thousands of dollars to travel to New York to see this exhibit." An exhibit founded on interpretations of interpretations of speculations of interpretations.

"To know where we are going, we have to know where we have come from."

Where are you going? You came from obscurity, and that's where you are headed...

DD

• Fernando
    Fernando

At the bottom of the page: “To know where we are going, we have to know where we have come from.”

Bring it on!

Starting with the Finished Mystery book, then Judge Rutherfraud's books "Religion" and "Enemies" in which ALL religion is a snare and a racket.

And what about Russell's dabbling in spiritistic pyramidology?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

What they were really thinking whilst preparing this exhibit was "He who controls the past, controls the present.........."

Their sanitized version of their history from Russell till today bears no similarity to the facts.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I hope that the info and explanations are in formats that can readily be changed.......They change the teachings so often that it will be a full time job just keeping it up to date

• cedars
  • sd-7
    sd-7

Pretty cute woman in that photo at the bottom of the page. Otherwise, "Men Have Loved the Darkness"? "You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Moulded by it. I didn't see the light till I was already a man, and by then, it was nothing to be but blinding!"

--sd-7

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I think the Corporation's CEOs have wasted valueble assets to make this exhibit and is an expression of their own delusional interpetation of the book of Revelation as applying exclusively to them, their delusions will run this Corporation right into the ground.

{{{Why Build the Exhibit?

A year of planning and months of construction went into this exhibit. Witnesses from all over the world contributed items that they considered to be treasured heirlooms.

Why was all this work done? When asked what benefit Jehovah’s Witnesses would gain from taking the tour, one member of theGoverning Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses repeated the well-known saying: “To know where we are going, we have to know where we have come from.”}}}

This exhibit is a monument to the delusional thinking that gave birth to a publishing company that does not know where it is going, or where it came from,, because the truth is too painful for them to contemplate.

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi,

So this is what one does when this is the end of this system, keep building, keep translating more bibles into other places native tongues...isn't time running out. I was just speaking with a sister & she is so convinced this is the end of this system, time is running out. I asked her, what about the friends who are now 60, 70, or 80 yrs. old, didn't they say the samethings, she says well it wasn't like it is now...I wonder has she ever read the literature in the past. Matter of fact, she was raised in the truth...hasn't the end is here or near, always been the Foundation of the ORG. ?

The more they say it's the end of this system the more improvements they make. Has anyone been to Jersy City...it's been remolded...big TV Screens, ( & they talk about Christiandom)...chairs are more comfortable, no more lunch room. JW.ORG. etc. They talk about other religions & how they do this & that, then boom, they do it too. Look at those christian folks in the streets talking 'bout God, (sucking their teeth) We don't do that, that's why we go house to house..we would never do that...well, in this weeks KM...wasn't it about public witnessing ? Now we are taking to the streets just like the ones we say we are not. Witnesses always say, well this group talks about us & don't take our tracts, so we shouldn't either. So, should we stoop down to what they do, that makes us no better...shouldn't we take the high road ? Has anyone seen the JW store that just opened in France..I think...one of the sisters sent me a link..hope I still have it..how will that store be funded ? If you get a chance to see it. Looks like a cell phone store...

Oh well, the end is just around the corner....let me build a new house...& buy new stuff to go in it..

Be Well,

Legacy

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

"This section begins with the story of earnest men who began a fresh study of the Scriptures and tells of their growth in knowledge and numbers before World War I."

"fresh sudy of the scriptures" = Russell was an Adventist but borrowed ideas from other Christian faiths too.

"growth in knowledge" = the last days began in 1799; Jesus returned invisibly in 1874; Armageddon was coming in 1914; Russell was the "faiithful slave"; Jehovah lives in the Plaeides constellation; pyramids are "god's stone witness"

"and numbers" = the most important thing to WT. Without numbers and statistics, you're not a true Christian.

Yet another example of WT's never-ending, self-aggrandizing tripe. And they quoted a member of the GB- jeez, that's never happened before.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit