Liberace " Behind The Candelabra"

by smiddy 17 Replies latest social entertainment

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

You should listen to the interview, it's very interesting, but he not surprisingly says that they had a relationship for a while and I guess Loretta got the itch for a younger man a while back (maybe she still does)

• laverite
    laverite

Smiddy,

I think any movie that is well done can be enjoyed regardless of sexual orientation. I think a great movie is a great movie regardless if the characters are straight, bi or gay. I personally don't see any need to turn away from sex scenes (straight, gay, group, kinky, etc.), but different people have different levels of comfort. Enjoying or admiring a movie whether it is gay or straight themed has absolutely nothing to do someone's sexual orientation.

I think your post is great, Smiddy.

• laverite
    laverite

Oh my gosh shirley, I think I'll have to listen to it later when I have time.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Thanks Shirley. Gonna try and listen to it on my phone while I'm working. A break from NPR.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Alrighty then. Got the 411 on Liberace's and MJ pe*ises.

• laverite
    laverite

Dagney - I haven't listened to it yet. Really?! OMG. That's info I honestly don't want to know, but I want to listen to the interview.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Like you said, smiddy, the actors you mentioned did an exceptional job.

I found the movie pretty disturbing. The relationship was so sick...predatory...

I had it stuck in my head for a while. Hard to get it outta your head.

From what I have heard, Candelabra is not sexually graphic though.

Wow, I've never heard anyone describe it that way! Even Bill Mahar was talking about it being graphic. Anal and oral sex is depicted clearly, although without nudity. They're not beating around the bush.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Don't you think that the pretense round Liberace's life was like being a Jdub and pretending you are somebody else?

And poor Scott - Lib took away his life and even his FACE! Again like what the Witchtower babble and Trash Soc does.

The acting was superb. The depiction of back ground deceit and manipulation is worthy of anything we have seen the WT do, and the way the trash is thrown out for younger models, once the last of the juice is gone.

Wonderfully funny moments too.

HB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit