After Armageddon...Then What?

by Cold Steel 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

I've read the sarcastic short stories about it, but seriously, I'm stumped.

After Armageddon, what then? Yeah, I know they'll bury our bodies or cart them off to be burned, but then the earth will become Paradise and then what?? Seriously, what do they (the leaders) do to remain relevant?

First, aren't those with the "heavenly hope" going to be the rulers of Earth? Isn't that going to part of their jobs? But what about the Kingdom Halls? Are they going to be necessary, according to today's leaders? Will there be any disciplinary action or will all the survivors all be perfect? What can one expect of the new leadership? Have any church manuals addressed these things?

And finally, do you think the Governing Body really believes that their convoluted concept of Armageddon is really right around the corner? Does anyone on this site even know a GB member? How devout are they regarding their own doctrine?

Anyway, I was just curious about what happens next?

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

pioneers and elders wifes catfight over the nice houses. interestingly, the good jewelry, dishes, etc. will not be demon posessed. what a wonderful new world.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

They actively discourage speculation about what will happen immediately after Armageddon. I guess the angels will come and let all the JWs out of the concentration camps, because they always said they'd end up in prison. But I've heard Youtube clips of GB members talking about cleaning up all the bodies and there being more than the birds can eat.

• smiddy
    smiddy

After Armageddon, what then? Yeah, I know they'll bury our bodies or cart them off to be burned, but then the earth will become Paradise and then what?? Seriously, what do they (the leaders) do to remain relevant?

They become obsolete

1 Cor.2:9 Eye has not seen and ear has not heard ...etc.etc.

Isa.65:21 They will plant vineyards and eat the fruitage ...etc.etc.

This is from THE one true God who knows all things from beginning to end , and this is all he can come up with ?

Surely in this scientific technological age,the:

"last days," when the scriptures are supposed to be opened up to us according to prophecys ,he could have come up with something more than stone age expectations.

Jehovah God doesnt seem to be any wiser than the people who penned the books that became the bible , at least 2000 years ago ,the bible writers , who were ignorant of the knowledge high school students have at their fingertips today.

If he truly was a God who knew the beginning to the end of everything , he could have easily had some things put in the bible that could only be understood in todays society.But that is not the case.

Everything about GOD is encased in old world understanding of him .

smiddy

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

The GB, or, FDS won't be around to influence mankind.

Great surprise will overcome the survivors to see that the ones they had judged not worthy to survive, have survived.

Men will start a Tie Burning party. Women will wear pant suits. After the Tie Burning ceremony party, there will be a Auxilliary Pioneer Application burning party.

Full-time Pioneers will now know what it means to have a fulltime job in the restoration work.

No more Circuit/District assemblies.

Underground groups will set up the illegal meat trade, until the thousand years have past, then be destroyed.

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

The Watchtower has spread a false idea that 'new scrolls' will be opened after Armageddon - ask anyone that's been around for a while what these new scrolls mean. They'll tell you it is a 'new' set of codes of conduct, rules and principles for the 1000 years. Search the WT Library - online or on CD.

This idea is taken from Revelation 20:12. Please read it for yourself and see what you think.

What the Watchtower wants you to believe about the 'new system' is illustrated in this years calendar. Have a look-see!

• cantleave
    cantleave

After Armageddon, the Mormon cult will take over the world and we will all live happily ever after!

• Fernando
    Fernando

Lately I've been wondering if Armageddon is the perennial battle between good and evil which began in Eden, and which will culminate in consensus that we have all had enough.

*** w90 5/15 p. 6 Armageddon—When? ***
    Armageddon (or Har–Magedon) is symbolic of a worldwide situation…

*** w90 5/15 p. 6 Armageddon—When? ***
    But that “place” (Greek, to′pos) denotes a world situation.

*** w85 1/1 p. 5 Armageddon—What It Is Not ***
    Armageddon could not be a geographic location.

*** w90 5/15 p. 5 Armageddon—When? ***
    God’s war of Armageddon will actually prevent the destruction of all mankind.

*** w90 5/15 p. 3 Armageddon—When? ***
    Many religious people say that Armageddon is a battle. But early in the 19th century, Bible scholar Adam Clarke wrote: “How ridiculous have been the conjectures of men relative to this point! Within the last twenty years this battle has been fought at various places, according to our purblind seers and self-inspired prophets! At one time it was Austerlitz, at another Moscow, at another Leipsic, and now Waterloo! And thus they have gone on, and will go on, confounding and being confounded.”
  • Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Fernando: Many religious people say that Armageddon is a battle. But early in the 19th century, Bible scholar Adam Clarke wrote: “How ridiculous have been the conjectures of men relative to this point! Within the last twenty years this battle has been fought at various places, according to our purblind seers and self-inspired prophets! At one time it was Austerlitz, at another Moscow, at another Leipsic, and now Waterloo! And thus they have gone on, and will go on, confounding and being confounded.”

Armageddon is not Ragnorak, despite what the Society thinks. And Adam Clarke was a product of his times, remember. The Jews had not gathered back to the lands of its inheritance, nor did the prospects of them building their temple seem to be encouraging. Prophecy states that Armageddon will be the culminating battle in which the "Beast" (or "Gog" or the "Antichrist") is destroyed with his armies and in which Jesus would return, convert the Jews and bring about the promised Millennium. Clarke, and of course, the Bible students, could not see the prophecy materializing literally because Palestine still had not realized its prophetic destiny.

All that has changed now. Israel is a nation, it has many powerful enemies who have promised holy war if the Dome of the Rock and the mosque, which occupy the place where the Jews will build their temple. So the JWs are clearly behind the times. But since they've gone too far down the road, they really can't change horses in midstream.

If, for the sake of argument, we say the JWs are correct about Armageddon being the classic battle between good and evil, I just wondered if they had any "plans" once Armageddon happened.

Also, according to the GB, is it an event that can happen at any time? And once it does, what will be, according to them, the new lines of authority? Will the GB be in charge until further notice??

• Sammy Jenkis
    Sammy Jenkis

Here are my thoughts: 1. Homes will be handed off according to field service time. 2. Those brazen apostates will be eaten by the birds- for all to see! 3. All the cliques and hate existent in the congregations prior to the end will magically disappear. 4. Anybody who went to college will get a stern talking to for not having their "priorities" straight. And an "I told you so!" 5. Lastly, all those lucky enough to have slid in will be handsomely compensated for their loyal service by enjoying 1000 years of manual labor, picnics, soccer, flute playing, skipping, and non-lethal bear wrestling. The End.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit