The real reason allegations of child abuse among JW's are not reported

by jeremiah18:5-10 23 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• jeremiah18:5-10
    jeremiah18:5-10

Farkel

YeahI thought about that wording in the title after I posted. You're right, I really should have posted "my opinion why....." Sorry to mislead you, it wasn't intentional.i

• Farkel
    Farkel

jeremiah,

: Sorry to mislead you, it wasn't intentional.

No problem. Merely putting a question mark at the end of your post topic would have been sufficient.

I'm not nit-picking just to nit-pick. Dubs hold apostates up to a much higher standard of honesty and integrity than they hold themselves or their religious masters. Little errors are seized upon by them to use to try to invalidate everything else that is said. Yeah. They are so desperate, they won't let any little mistake slide by, even when 99.99% of the material is honest and/or factual.

By the way, that 99.99% number is exactly equal to the percent that Freddie Franz used when he declared the percent of this planet who would be slaughtered by his loving God(tm) "real soon now."

Heh, heh.

Farkel

• label licker
    label licker

Jeremiah 18:5-10 you have a pm

Label licker I've replied to your PM.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Finkelstein - "Pedophilia is just considered another sin of a sexual nature and is subjectively treated as such."

Yeah, I've started wondering if the movers-and-shakers in the WT heirarchy don't actually think child abuse is really that big of a deal.

There's another possibility, too.

It was quite a while before I made the connection between the all the fornication-related "local needs" talks and the sex lives of a congregation's members; I'd always assumed that the majority of JWs really did live by a higher moral standard than everybody else. If all the BOEs are busy trying to police a significant number of congregation members who are boning on the sly (and trying to sniff out potential "apostates", for that matter), is it really hard to imagine reports of pedophila theoretically getting lost in the shuffle?

• Sammy Jenkis
    Sammy Jenkis

This was the one aspect of TTAT that absolutely killed my faith and trust in the organization. I had always looked at them with such praise and glory, I was definitely one of those stubborn JW's who wouldn't even allow talk of anything that resembled opposition to "Godly Truth" but the facts don't lie and the truth is readily available to any who search.

It's saddening to know that there are bros out there that would rather keep a privilege than help a hurt child. Everytime I heard "elder" I thought of this text:

“Each one must prove to be like a hiding place from the wind and a place of concealment from the rainstorm, like streams of water in a waterless country, like the shadow of a heavy crag in an exhausted land.”—Isaiah 32:2.

It's funny that when push comes to shove all of that protection goes out the window. Thanks jeremiah for sharing with us- if only more people felt the way you did in handling the situation.

You know the sickening thing is that if a JW reads this they will just say more lies.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    alanv - "...the sickening thing is that if a JW reads this they will just say more lies."

That is, until their child is victimized, thusly experiencing it for themselves.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Can't agree with you more Sammy.

We have been there and sadly been shown first hand the elders are nothing but company men!

I want to clarify, I wasn't and aren't anything special. I was completely caught up in the politics as much as anyone. I did and do have a heart though.

Sadly,I valued my privileges of highest esteem. I placed them at a higher value than my own wife and kids. I figured this was my career, I had very little materially and worked fast food or janitorial, whatever allowed me flexibility and more time for advancing my career. My wife was initially on board, up until we had children, then her priorities rightly changed, mine sadly did not. It wasn't until I lost these privileges that I recognized that my motives were impure. When I lost it all, I didn't find peace and happiness in serving as I could or having mire time with my family, I was bitter. Only since being dfd have I learned proper priorities and gained real satisfaction in life and in my family. For that I'm grateful to jws. I'm eternally grateful for my wife and her patience and wisdom. I wish more career elders would realize their lack of perspective, but sadly they won't until going down the same path. You're brought up to never say no, accept every privilege. Then they betray you.

• Terry
    Terry

Where have you been Farkel? We missed you! (And by "we" I mean only me).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit