So I Went back to my old Kingdom Hall Today...

by cofty 33 Replies latest jw friends

• St George of England
    St George of England

cofty - you have a PM

George

• cofty
    cofty

Got it thanks.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Cofty, you got me.

I figured YOU would never go to any Kingdom Hall, let alone your old one.

It must have been an interesting experience. Good for you and thanks for sharing.

Oubliette

• cofty
    cofty

I stood on the platform for a few minutes trying to recapture memories of the hundreds of times I had given talks there. It seemed like a lifetime ago.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

... a lifetime ago and another person ...

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

It just seems criminal to take a beautiful and historic building like that and remove the windows. I mean, who does a thing like that?

I suppose that their new light on the matter was... fluorescent...tube bulbs inset in the drop ceiling.

Our congregation built a new hall in the late '80s. The old hall was small but had plenty of bright windows. You could lose yourself in thought as you watched out the windows, even brown tree brances were more engrossing than the drivel from the platform.

The new hall had exactly zero windows. Even the doors were windowless. Where windows might have been, along the side walls of the auditorium, there were "frames," empty except for ugly wallpaper. I never figured that one out.

And of course there was the drop ceiling and the ugly fluorescent lighting. It might just be peculiar to me, but fluorescent lighting bothers me. It gives me headaches and makes me grumpy. The "new light" made me want to escape as quickly as possible. I was only a teenager, but once i drove my own car, i often just left. It was just a physically disgusting environment to me.

That on top of the poisonous spiritual and emotional environment...

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Oh, and do check out the website.

The Ark on the platform, complete with animals, and, apparently "emitting animal sounds"...

...priceless!

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Cofty, you have a pm.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I think that's the creepiest kh I've ever seen. I'm imagining a lightning rod and Frankenstein coming to life during a storm.

• Joliette
    Joliette

The kingdom hall looked like a castle. Where is this old kingdom hall?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit