Getting ready to pull up stakes again--have to sign off at the end of the month.

by humbled 10 Replies latest jw friends

• humbled
    humbled

I'm starting to pack. Gotta get out of here by the end of the month. I'll loose the internet.

It's stange to pop in and pop out of the lives of others' like this. I came to "visit" in March after a few years away and have to leave again. On this JWN forum we open up and shut down our lives and our ideas in a place where we don't see one another. The good news is also the bad news: we are able to control, to conceal and reveal with text alone--and who knows what else is behind the words.

I wonder about all of you. All the conversations--all--meant so much to me.

I have had a lot of friends and family in my life in town. But the people and the topics--the ARGUMENTS that struggle to be a discussion( and vice versa) have been a critical part of my last few months in town. It has done more than entertain me. I have thought, read, researched and -with renewed awe of the unknown--prayed.

When I first posted here In March I had just left our farm in the very rough rurals (no running water!) for cancer treatment. some of you may know that. A friend bought me the internet connection and I could not work for a long time and spent a lot of time checking "Active Topics". But now I am getting on with life --the cancer is in a category where I can consider it a nuisance factor instead of a life-threatening one. and I do have a lot to deal with.

I resumed my old occupation of spoon carving which has always been good for bread and butter and was also looking for conventional work that could help provide more for my medical bills--but those efforts ceased as of three weeks ago. That was when my step-daughter had come for a visit. She called from the farm to tell me to dial 911 after she checked on my husband. His heavy team ran away with a wagon, hitting a gate post and catapulting him through the air.

Though he does this at nearly regular intervals it is always horrible and painful of course for all--of course for him in particular. But even so, he has never seen any reason to have a plan "B" for our sickness or old age.This time, 11 fractures where he hit on his left side and shoulder, he is at last pensive--because he'll be 80 in September and, tired of getting hurt, he is hanging up his "spurs". At least somewhat. We will move together to a little property closer to town--with only TWO horses. That road is paved. Still an outhouse--but there is a hot shower!

This is Plan "B" for us at last.

And an end to internet for a long while.

I know how the forum is a hit and miss place, and I am certainly not soliciting a farewell party when I am not really "leaving forever" and really not even closing my computer until the last minute-- I'd like to continue adding my 2 cent's worth any time I can get my fumble-fingers to tap--but realistically between packing, moving and spoon carving, I probably won't get to visit much more. and, well, I just wated to say this.

Thank you all. I very much appreciate each of you and wish you well until I can drop in again

Maeve

Ps--Have I said how inspiring you all are? Well, I have now. Keep it up. We have to love one another, don't we?

• Mum
    Mum

Sorry to lose you, humbled. I've been without internet for long stretches, too, because of financial constraints. I used to live in the country like you do, but I was a child and had no idea that there might have been things I was missing out on. Your farm must be very remote if you can't get internet there.

Wishing you the best and looking forward to your return,

Mum

• finally awake
    finally awake

I wish you all the best, and I hope you can find a way to visit us once in a while - maybe log in from the library in town?

• clarity
    clarity

Humbled awwww...... hate to see you signing off,

but wish you the best & hope this move will bring many

positive things for you & hubby.

>

We might not have personally spoken but we certainly

have read the same words and shared our thoughts

and comments.

>

This site has a life all its own! lol ...we are so lucky to have it.

Not sure if I would have ever learned that "it is not me" without it,

as I blamed my pulling away & leaving, on my perceived being

"weak in the faith"!!!! Omg so great to be free at last even tho life

is not without some awful problems!

>

Until we cross paths again ... take care of yourself, hope your husband

heals up ...... omg he must be tough 80yrs & still running horses.

bye

clarity

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Until we meet again, "see you around when I see you around".

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I am sorry you won't be around, we will miss you. I can't imagine life without internet service, I am very spoiled. Take care, and check in when you can.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

My goodness, go find all the local senior housing and get on their waiting lists. Move into a nice comfortable apartment as soon as you come to the top of the list. If it's HUD-financed, the rent is very reasonable. I'm assuming you're in the USA, by the way. But I'm sure this kind of thing is available in other countries, too. Then you could afford wifi -- and will be much more comfortable. Ask your step-daughter to help you find a place.

• whathappened
    whathappened

Sorry to hear your husband got injured and you are leaving us for a while. Check back when you can.

• mouthy
    mouthy

So sorry your leaving.We will miss ya!!!! Hope Hubby heals quickly.

May the Lord go with you....Humbled & hubby

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

humbled:

I wish you and your husband all the best. Come back again if you can!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit