When did the Last Days start in the first century

by wizzstick 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS now teaches that the last days began with Jesus installation as king in heaven, now 1914 (once was 1878).

When was Jesus anointed as king in the first century? 29 CE at his baptism or 33 CE when he was resurrected and returned to heaven and sat at God’s right hand until he exercised his kingship over all the earth in the midst of his enemies?

The WTS teaches that the last days now will end at the culmination of the great tribulation at Armageddon.

The great tribulation of the first century Jews began and ended with the Romans coming up against them and finally destroyed the temple and all records of their lineage, not being able to determine who was of the tribe of Levi or the family of Aaron, the high priest family.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts
    But as these things start to occur, raise yourselves erect and lift YOUR heads up, because YOUR deliverance is getting near.

I'm thinking on how no one who saw the start of these things is alive from 1914.

Great point.

• blondie
    blondie

1914 to 2013 = 99 years

Are you talking about just members of the WTS in 1914?

I saw 2 news stories of people over 100 yesterday, alive and kicking. The UN estimates there are 3,000,000 centenarians alive in the world of 2013.

• mP
    mP

@Blondie

There are but a few thousand 110 year old people on earth. in ten years there really will be nobody that saw 1914.

• blondie
    blondie

mP

I was commenting on this statement not ten years from now.

I'm thinking on how no one who saw the start of these things is alive from 1914.
  • QC
    QC

100 years fits the Noachian model. So, it's people BORN (not old enough to understand) in that window (100 years) are the ones (the generation) still living when the end comes, REALIZING 'we are seeing the end of the world.'

There is a noticable contrast between the "evil" (false prophets) and the "faithful" with understanding. Dn 12:10

• QC
    QC

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

QC - That graph, if accurate, shows a greater frquency of major deadly earthquakes (how is that defined BTW) from about 1970. What point are you making re earthquakes?

• *lost*
    *lost*

QC, Bobcat - re: as in the days of Noah.

have you looked into or have any info, relevent, on Hitler, Aryanism, age of Aquarius etc... new Age, the Occult. ?

Reading a book and it hits on some good things. It all ties in with 'the world'.

x

• QC
    QC

Sap,

greater frquency of major deadly earthquakes

We're in agreement. Here's another graph from ANSS: 1900-2011

Between 1900 and 2011 earthquakes increased almost 60%, now that’s a impressive number! Some people claim this is high because the lack of earthquake measurement tools. The USGS and ANSS graphs are exactly the opposite of each other..Earthquakes and natural disasters have been increasing over time and it’s not getting any better but lets hope for the best!

ANSS Data

While most of the people knows USGS, ANSS (Advanced National Seismic System), which first 80 ANSS strong motion instruments were installed in San Francisco (40), Salt Lake City (20) and Seattle (20) in 2000, is widely unknown from general public; however this organization also produce lots of datas, maps and lists compiled in catalogs for seismologists and earthquake engineers, for teachers and the general public as well.

Here's another:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit