Magotan's Story

by magotan 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

ok so I read the entire thing. Not going to lie.......it was long.

It means something to us that you told us your story. I am sorry for what you have gone through. I wish there was a way you could have faded out. JW's are all about technicalities. If you were not disfellowshipped (DA), they could technically still speak with you. But maybe it is best they don't. While I have no idea what it is like to be gay, and quite honestly probably deal with at least a small amount of prejudice regarding homosexuals, nobody should be treated like that by their family. It blows my mind that people could actually think they are doing something "godly", by rejecting their own children.

It speaks volumes about how they handed their minds over to someone else. The best thing you can do is live your life WELL. I mean that. Live your life well. Use it and become stronger than ever. Your life has just begun, it is not over.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Keep on Swimming...

Reading that letter made me wish fervently that I knew your Brother, and that I could get my hands on him.

• valkyrie
    valkyrie

Reading that letter made me wish fervently that I knew your Brother, and that I could get my hands on him.

I would be pleased to assist in his re-education.

Magotan, I have no words.

• magotan
    magotan

Thanks guys. I really appreciate it.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

What a touching story! I was riveted. You are one brave kid coming out like that and I know a great guy like you will meet lots of new friends.

One thing I found about so called Jw friends is the same as you did, that they are friends with your belief and not you. They only cared for Brother Magotan and not Magotan for Magotan. The friends you will make 'out in the world' will have many differences in beliefs and opinions but they will be friends irrespective and even be stronger friends because of it. Jws on the other hand can only be friends with those who believe and have the same opinions. Once beliefs or opinions change, you are treated like a criminal. Your new friends won't do that.

• finally awake
    finally awake

I'd also like to say that I'd be proud to have a son like you. It's not easy to stand up to the prejudice and bigotry, especially coming from the people who are supposed to love you.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

You are young. You have much in your favor.

I wish you to fly far from your roots, and enjoy all that life has to offer.

You have more going for you, than you realize.

You are stronger than you think.

Just Lois

• laverite
    laverite

I previously read your story, though I think it was a shorter version. Your account is one of someone who has been horribly victimized by the Watchtower. Hopefully, as you grow into adulthood, you will get to the point of becoming empowered enough to truly realize what you've done -- that you had the strength to reject their cult, make your way on your own, pursue your education and build your own life. This is amazingly, wonderfully, empowering. Hopefully the way you think about and tell your story will change significantly as you mature. The narrative, hopefully, will become less of that of victim, and more of that of empowered survivor.

Good luck to you!

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Thank you for sharing your story. I have not read it all so will finish later this weekend.

-Aude.

• MrsCedars
    MrsCedars

Magotan, I have no wise words to say to you, but I wish I could give you a hug now.

I respect you for staying true to who you are, despite the pain you had to go through.

Stay strong my friend and keep fighting for your happiness and I hope the pain will stop.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit