Magotan's Story

by magotan 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• Wayward Son
    Wayward Son

... to read later.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hello and welcome to you Magotan. It's so sad to read what you've gone through. I'm glad you are free now though to be your true self. I wish you all the best for your future.

Loz x

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"I love you so much I would be willing to give up anything and everything to make you happy."

Watchtower Corporation has programmed your family's understanding of what love is. No doubt they have shed many tears over you, too. And they do love you, but Watchtower mandates that the loving thing to do is to insult you and treat you like garbage until you get back under the yoke of Watchtower slavery and conformity.

Your brother's statement reveals plenty about his misunderstanding of human nature. Your happiness isn't something that gets generated by his sacrifices. Happiness comes from within. Your unhappiness isn't based on his failure to make you happy. You were unhappy because you couldn't be who you really were, speak what was on your mind, and live the life that would produce happiness for you.

And when he said "I would be willing to give up anything and everything...", he didn't mean that he was willing to give up his slavery to WT's promises. He claims to have a friendship going with the Great Sky Daddy (only available through WT Corp and it's GB), yet his "friend" Jehovah couldn't or wouldn't protect him from ill health. What kind of a friend is that? A sh!tty friend! So your brother learns from Jehovah that the 'best kind of friend' is a 'sh!tty kind of friend'!

JWs make poor friends, and are much better at back-stabbing and judging. But you already know that.

• magotan
    magotan

I really appreciate the support. It took me awhile to write. A lot of the attitudes I saw on those fateful few days scared the hell out of me; since I didn't expect that to happen so suddenly.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Getting the entire foundation of your life ripped out from under you is horrible, especially when it's because you followed your conscience and heart. I wish you peace and happiness, fulfillment and love. You deserve it.

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Hang in there

• Mum
    Mum

Christopher Morley said that the only success is to live your life as you choose to live it. Go do it!

• Brother of the Hawk
    Brother of the Hawk

Magotan: Your story was very touching. My brother in-law killed himself because he could not deal with being gay and having the family shun him. I hate to admit this, but the mind controll also affected my attitude tword him, which I have now come to greatly despise. Christ set NO conditions on love. A destructive mind controll cult that callls its self Jehovahs witnesses does set conditions.

My friend, your story, I feel has put on the path to your healing.

Affectionately: Brother of the Hawk ( I will surrener my mind no more, forever) Magton, Christian love!

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Good for you for being honest. You never can tell your family might come around.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Magotan,

I'm sorry you are having to endure such mistreatment by people that you obviously love and who seem to love you, but are in the grips of the mind-control of the cult of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Of particular note was the fact that your older brother said you'd left Jehovah when it is clear from your writing that you disagree with the organization. At least from what you've shared here, it doesn't appear that you doubt God at all.

It's just another one of the many logical fallacies of Witness-think that they cannot see that in their own minds the organization is their God. They simply cannot conceive of a person disagreeing with their precious GB and still having faith in God.

Your story is powerful and perhaps will be of benefit to others in your situation just as the story you read about the Australian boy helped you.

Hang in there, it gets better!

And welcome to your life.

Oubliette

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit