Jehovah Will Put it in Their Minds

by ctrwtf 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

biometrics:

There is a statue of this goddess in New York harbor.

I really hope you're not claiming that "Babylon the Great" is the USA.

"Babylon the Great" in Revelation represented Rome. A long long time ago. When Revelation was written, the Jews didn't like Rome very much.

• biometrics
    biometrics

I'm not claiming anything other than the JW interpretation doesn't fit scripture. In my opinion.

There are people who beleive Babylon the Great is the USA. I neither agree or dissagree with that assessment. I'm keeping an open mind.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

biometrics:

I'm not claiming anything other than the JW interpretation doesn't fit scripture.

It would hardly be a first, would it. But there's 'very little' reason (i.e. no reason) to imagine 'scripture' refers to anything at all in the present day.

There are people who beleive Babylon the Great is the USA.

That doesn't surprise me in the least.

I neither agree or dissagree with that assessment.

Sorry to hear that.

• Brother of the Hawk
    Brother of the Hawk

Jeffro: Dude! What your point!! If you read carefully the scripture you will see that it is God who destroys both Babylon the Great and the Governments. Not the U.N. as Watchtower trash teaches. Revelation doesn't even mention McDonalds or Star Wars. Where did that come from? This is why I mentioned in another post you cannot have a logical conversation with most posters on this board. You have proven my point! Thank You!! Get a copy of the U.N. charter you will see as a NGO member they have to abide by the rules and regulations of the U.N. So who is it that dictates to any NGO member how they act or conduct them selves. It's the U.N. But I can see from other post of yours you LIKE to cause contentions! affectionately: Brother of the Hawk ( I will surrender my mind no more, forever) That includes you also Jeffro!!!

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Brother of the Hawk:

Revelation doesn't even mention McDonalds or Star Wars.

It's called an analogy.

I'll clarify for you. McDonalds, a modern entity, is analogous to the UN; Star Wars, a fictional story from a long time ago, is analogous to Revelation. Got it?

The point, that you so adroitly missed, is that you're arguing about interpretations that are entirely fictitious. Revelation isn't about anything relevant to anyone today. If you believe it is, then you have succumbed (or "surrendered your mind") to magical thinking.

This is why I mentioned in another post you cannot have a logical conversation with most posters on this board.

I think the logical posters would disagree.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit