Jehovah Will Put it in Their Minds

by ctrwtf 24 Replies latest jw friends

• ctrwtf
    ctrwtf

Just mulling over the demise of religion in general as we humans progress away from fear of the unknown.

I was wondering when some country or group will try to outlaw religion. Then I recalled how an all out attack on religion is what is supposed to trigger Armageddon. How unlikely is that? After 9/11 the first thing George Bush said was that Islam is not the problem, extremist terrorists are the problem. So basically even though a religious terrorist group kills 3000 American citizens, religion is not attacked. I fully realize that there are haters out there that are looking to bash Islam. But as a nation the U.S. is tolerant of all religious groups, as are most if not all developed countries.

So in order for the nations to attack religion, Jehovah will have to put it in their minds to do so. Do you remember hearing or reading that in the pages of the Watchtower? So if Jehovah is putting it in their minds to attack and brutally oppress all religions including the one true religion isn't he attacking religion himself? Morally and legally if I give another person the idea or will to brutalize another person I'm as accountable and guilty as the person who carried out the crime.

Once again, so much for the vindication of god's name. The god of the bible is a jerk

• Wayward Son
    Wayward Son

The operation of error is strong with this one.

• Truth seeker 674
    Truth seeker 674

Hi if you want to see an area that has banned religion I don't think you'll find one. The closest I can think of is North Korea.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Generally, the nonreligious are more tolerant than the religious are. So, for nonreligious to ban religious is unlikely. 'Course, you can't argue w an idea like god taking control of their minds, making them like puppets and forcing them to ban or kill off religious people.

Since the wtgod doesn't exist, though, it aint gonna happen. The wt corp has a 100% failure rate for getting its pretended god to do what it wants him to do. There is a 100% chance that this perfect record will continue.

S

• sir82
    sir82

Of all the prepostersously nutty ideas the JWs have, the idea that all nations will somehow simultaneously "ban religion" is pretty near if not at the top.

• Laika
    Laika

Didn't Rutherford teach that when the Nazis won World War 2 they would set up a worldwide fascist dictatorship in league with the Catholic Church that would ban all non-Catholic religion?

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Where does it even say that in the bible, look over the verses again that THEY claim predict the end of religion, its bull crap. How they intepret it as anything but random talk of beasts and dragons is beyond me, it certainly doesn't fit the.facts at all. Also note how they just conveniently ignore all the old BUT hugely significant doctrines such as 1914, 1918, David and the tree bands, the statue of different materials (I know it came up in DA but it isn't taught or discussedanymore) , the UN,the wild beasts, the harlot, all that crap used to be bible study material and book study fodder, now it is briefly mentioned here and there between the cultish talk of happy life and a world government that will end hunger and disease.

Who on earth is buying this crap today? It has to be motly JW kids in the increasing numbers, who else would eat the JW dog crap?

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

The whole idea that 'Jehovah will put it in their minds' is entirely stupid.

Supposedly, in JW land, god is 'giving mankind the opportunity' to prove whether 'rule without god' is beneficial.

But in the Christian storybook, the 'god' keeps interfering.

People learn the difference between 'good' and 'bad'? Stop them getting near the magical tree of life!!

People collaborating to build a tower? Confuse their languages!!

Human society is doing well? 'Put it in their minds' to 'ban religion'! (Though the Bible actually says something a great deal more ambiguous.)

Idiots.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

If you read the scriptures, it's speaking about an attack on Israel. Israel is scattered then rejoined and he draws nations to attack it, then fire comes down from heaven and destroys the armies.

The WT intrepret Israel to be itself. Another thing is that those scriptures are talking about the same event in Revelation that happens AFTER the 1,000 year reign, when the armies surround and fire comes down and devours them.

Isn't it strange though that Israel was gone / out of jewish control for almost 2,000 years then suddenly they are a nation again, and the bible did predict that.

• darthfader
    darthfader

Agreed, so much for "free moral agents"..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit