Jehovah's Witness Mother Ends Relationship With Atheist Son

by Bangalore 42 Replies latest jw friends

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

In my estimation, if a person truly believes their god wants them to treat family like this, why would that person want to spend one moment of eternity with such a monster?

I'd choose family first- and never secong-guess whether I made the right choice.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

My atheist parents never terminated their relationship with their Jw daughter...what does that say about jws compared with atheists?!

• steve2
    steve2

The mother's worst offense is to overly-defend her so-called own decision by writing so much about it. She drowns not in her tears but in her verbosity. Any mother who needs to write about loving her disfellowshipped son by shunning him proves she's all talk and no action. By this all will know you are my disciples if you shun your children. 1

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

What a sad letter... that's all I can really say about it.

• abbasgreta
    abbasgreta

I agree with Cofty. I don't buy this letter. I bet her"pain and anguish" for her son pale into insignificance to the "joy and elation" she now feels having obeyed the GB. This is evident in the way she squeezes the concluding two lines, including "Mother" into the last half-inch of the page. She is writing what she thinks a "normal" Mother would write in denying her own Son, in case it would be read by someone "in the world". A witnessing opportunity. (Oh God). I bet, like my mother, she would be on the first row with the elders to slip a "Jehu- knife" between her child's ribs - who is now an Agent of Satan and a filthy apostate.

• abbasgreta
    abbasgreta

We all know of course that a "normal" mother loves their children no matter what. My mother hates me with venom now. Did we EVER have "normal" parents as jw kids, even when we were fully "in"? Our whole childhood was abnormal. Cult life.

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

Two things... (1) I would give ANYTHING to get a letter like this from my mother. She is WAY more attached to me than I will ever be to her. My father (may he rest in peace) was a different story. My mother (and other mothers) build up SO much hope and expectation for something that is just never going to happen. They create their own "turmoil" because they keep projecting something that doest exist: hope their child will join them in the cult

(2) Any "pain" and suffering she goes through will be part of the martyrdom that all 'christians have to go through'. So in this case, she will use this pain as "proof" she is in the right religion doing the right thing for the right god. There is never any winning with this mentality. It's so sad the closed-minded tunnel vision and I'm sorry David had to get this.

(side note: being a witness IS easy. everything good is a blessing from Jehovah and everything bad is an attack from Satan. There is no thinking involved... all situations are on someone else's shoulders. This letter is a good example of the simplicity of their thinking. As sad as it seems... I personally am glad I grew up. My heart and love to David... it's not an easy letter to get.)

A mom like that is not worth even thinking about. Life is short; too short to waste on idiots, even if they are blood-related.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Call your mother on this....... tell her she is acting like the Amish, Mormons and Scientologists...... like them her religion is misguided and doesn't shun because of love......... they shun because they do not love enough.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Giordano: her religion is misguided and doesn't shun because of love......... they shun because they do not love enough.

Although I understand your point, I have to disagree. They shun because they are told to by the WT leadership.

They've been psychologically manipulated to believe they are serving God, but they are only following the commands of men. That is the real reason.

Listen, Obey and Be Blessed!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit