My Study: "Did a 'Governing Body' govern Paul?"

by Doug Mason 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

My Study: “Did a ‘Governing Body’ govern Paul?” is available in two parts at:

http://www.jwstudies.com/Did_a__Governing_Body__govern_Paul__Part_1_-_The_Study_.pdf

and at:

http://www.jwstudies.com/Did_a__Governing_Body__govern_Paul__Part_2_-_Readings_.pdf

The Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses [GB] says it is modelled on first century Christianity, in which a Governing Body located at Jerusalem controlled a united, structured, organised community.

Is the GB’s depiction correct? Were James and Peter part of that “Governing Body”? Was Paul part of that “Governing Body”? Did a “Governing Body” govern Paul?

Make certain that the contents of this Study are fully understood before making it available.

Since I do not have a proof reader, I will appreciate grammatical corrections also.

Doug

• Wayward Son
    Wayward Son

bookmarked

Geez Doug. You don't do anything small, do you?

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Paul would have been disfellowshiped today!!!!

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

I thought Frederick Franz did away with that notion in his Gilead talk back in 74 or 75, stating how it was the Antioch congregation that sent out Paul and not the Jerusalem congregation.

The Jerusalem congregation, predominantly Jewish as it was, never was missionary geared and vanished from history after a few decades, as opposed to the Mediterranean and Asia Minor congregations. But then, neither today nor then was it extremely easy to do Christian missionary work among a Jewish community.

• mP
    mP

The apostle Paul was an areshole, im stunned anybody would take advice or listen to a scumbag like him. Lets not forget he told the runnaway slave in Philemon to go back home. he also never makes a point of condemning slavery. im not interested in dumb commentary mentioning it was the custom. his ideas are out of date, let memories of him die, he has nothing positive to tell anyone.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Is it accurate to say that "the apostate condition ended in 1919 when Jesus and his Father, after scouring the earth, appointed the leader of The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, Joseph Rutherford, to be their sole representative channel of communication..." I thought the new light allegement was that a group of Bible Students including Rutherford that were appointed in 1919.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Thanks Doug, I am amazed at your energy at your age, I know you are over 40 !, your hard work is much appreciated, I have downloaded it to read later.

Thanks again, this is vital stuff to show that the GB of the WT/JW's is simply a self-appointed group with no basis for their claims in scripture, they are frauds.

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

Thanks Phizzy,

Yes, I'll be 73 in November. Each time, I keep telling myself this will be the last one. Possibly will be - but I do have thoughts about the unreliability of Acts yet the WTS completely relies on it.

I will sit back for a few days.

Doug

• Thoughtless
    Thoughtless

Witness007, he would have DA'd, I am sure of it.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Thank you!

It really doesn't matter what our personal opinion is of any person in the Bible. All that matters is that the GB claim to teach what the Bible really teaches. If we can show an awakening dub, from the scriptures, that the GB are not teaching the "truth", then we have done something good. That's what really matters.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit