The Pecking Order Of Jehovah's Witnesses

by minimus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Thoughtless
    Thoughtless

Blondie, sorry for intruding, but are you and your husband still together due to your "awakening"? Or was he by your bedside and was "awake" with you?

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

What makes all this stacking of people in layers so galling, that it is not based on merit or training, like a recognized degree required to hold the these imaginary superior positions, it is often by tooth and claw shameless petti politics

So true prologos. From personal observation, I've seen that often the least qualified elder is put in charge. On KH remodels I've seen an elder with absolutely no construction experience whatsoever put in charge of the project, while JW men who who have vast experience in the trades, who often own a construction business, but who are not appointed men, are relegated to being essentially "helpers". It is absurd.

Re: Menlo Park, Ca. cong. court transcripts. WT attorney Mr. Rouse said:

p.5:

".... He [Jason Cobb] claims he wants to be reinstated as a director and an officer in the Menlo Park Congregation. This is contrary to our church rules and regulations and bylaws.

We brought our organizational bylaws book, our rule book here, and we are prepared to present witnesses that this is a hierarchal organization. It is governed from the top down."

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

I think this is the current pecking order:

• Sammy Jenkis
    Sammy Jenkis

I used to loathe the CO visits, those were probably the first moments I started to see the beast behind the mask. There were a few douche bag elders who would all of a sudden became loving and respectful whenever the CO was visiting.

I remember a few times where people would slip the guy "cards" which I knew were full of money for his time and dedication to the congregation. The way everyone acted different when this one dude came around was gross and humorous at the same time but definitely showed the pyramid hard at work.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley
    I remember a few times where people would slip the guy "cards" which I knew were full of money for his time and dedication to the congregation

I know first-hand of a CO who amassed a six figure amount from "Green handshakes" during his time as a CO/DO.

Being a "Servant" sure pays well in WT Land if you have the right friends. Most JWs will never be able to retire or have a big savings account-but he did.

• Sammy Jenkis
    Sammy Jenkis

Anddontcallmeshirley

While the poor bros and sisters are struggling to make ends meet these dudes are living like ballers, wow! Wasn't there something in the bible about receiving for free and giving for free, yeah didn't like this guy named Jesus say that?

Nah, I must be wrong.

haha

• Ding
    Ding

Why, there's no pecking order in the spiritual paradise.

All JWs are equal.

It's just that -- as Orwell said -- some are more equal than others...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit