Another non-JW reacts to Sparlock video

by cedars 56 Replies latest jw friends

• cedars
  • *lost*
    *lost*

Excellent work Cedars

• distantsun
    distantsun

so many kids are ungratefull llittle chitz i dont get the problem with the vid ?

• Truth seeker 674
    Truth seeker 674

Thanks Cedars this guy reminds me of me 27 years ago.

• poopieskoopie
    poopieskoopie

Imagine a world where no one is allowed to use their imagination. BOREING

• SAHS
    SAHS

“distantsun” :

“. . . i dont get the problem with the vid ?”

Here’s the problem spelled out for you:

Telling a young, impressionable child that ‘Jehovah will be sad [angry]’ with him (Caleb) simply because he has a harmless little “magical” toy (Sparlock). In other words, if a young child plays with toy Smurfs, superhero action figures (Spiderman, Superman, Batman, Yoda, etc.), or watches any such movies (especially Harry Potter), or has anything to do with anything which is supposedly associated with “magic” [childhood imagination] – or if the child does any of the zillions of normal things condemned and forbidden by the Watchtower organization (now run by eight senile, grumpy old men), such as celebrating anything, or playing on an after school sports team – then that child will thus make Almighty God sad [angry as hell] with him/her and probably destroy him/her at Armageddon, and he/she won’t get to pat the panda bears or, for that matter, see his/her family forevermore.

Now, if that child reaches puberty and does other “bad” things, such as discover the wonders of his little willie (especially if it involves rather off-the-wall fantasies), and starts to think that he might have sinned against the holy spirit, then that can certainly open the door to a whole bunch (actually, a sh^tload) of problems from the neck up which necessitate quite a few visits from a psychiatric therapist.

Um, that’s the problem with the video.

• distantsun
    distantsun

i never had any of that pushed on me as a born in , just the usual birthdays and religious holidays , look at the state of todays youth ? so

you say this is bad ? so what has religion ,aethiesm etc outside jw produced ?

unthankfull ,disloyal ...........

but ok i will add its a bit ott

• cedars
  • tornapart
    tornapart

I've been reading the Brock Talon ('LivingtheDream' on here) book 'Journey to God's House' and there's a really funny chapter in there called 'Seven Brides for seven Sorcerers'. It's starts out that the GB decide the Bethelites could have a 'movie nght'. The GB choosing the movie. First night it was the musical 'Seven Brides for Seven Brothers'. Next night it was Disney's Fantasia.... with the piece 'The Socerer's Apprentice' in it. Then Mickey Mouse starts performing all his 'magic'...... Brock writes...

"Still, given all that, it did not stop many in attendance from actually walking out of the movie! Yes, folks, you heard me right, the GB got a taste of their own medicine when they found out that their own subjects were more pious, more holy and more spiritual than they were. These subjects simply wouldn't watch this GB sanctioned, personally hand-picked movie. This was all due to a cartoon mouse that pretended to do magic for a few minutes in an obvious flight of fantasy that Walt Disney was beloved for."

LOL!! If anyone hasn't read this book, it's a must!!

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I wish I video'd my grandchildren 7 & 9 watching the video. They have no knowledge of anything JW related.

One of them asked, "Who's Jehovah?" the other one said, "Is Jehovah a bully?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit