It's the JW's fault that I no longer see evidence for god......apparently.

by punkofnice 33 Replies latest jw friends

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

GromitSK - ..............and yes! Even fingernails scraping across the base of an aluminium pan are better than the dire kingdom maladies.

Abbas - I'm glad for you that you have found something awesome. Live long and prosper as Spock would say.

• abbasgreta
    abbasgreta

Yadda Yadda! Hi there. We were made in God's" image" (love) and likeness (body, soul and spirit). Thats why (a bit petty here from me - sos!) we debate like we do on this forum - why wer'e like we are, with dreams and aspirations and goals and aims etc. etc. no matter whether we believe in Him or not.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

yadda yadda - I have to agree with you. We have made god in our own image.

St G - Indeed sir. An illustration could prove the existance of transvestite cheese mines on Mars. Mmmmmmm! Cheese.........drool!

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

Lol yeah kingdom melodies were peurile.

I had to pay to have my buttocks surgically unclenched after most meetings.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Gromit - I always hated the kingdom maladies even from a child. I thought that 100% of them were bleedin' awful. Especially that 'Lazarus lay sleeping' dirge. Shudder.

When they had the vinyl LP's for the meetings another brother(TM) and myself would sneak up and alter the speed from 33 1/3rd to 78 or 45. There was one whole song and no one noticed!

God didn't punish me either.......well I suppose being a joho was punishment enough!

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

Yeah you were suffering enough lol

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

At one stage in my leaving a fellow 'mentally diseased human gangrenous speaking apostate that the Jehu elders should slaughter(TM)' and I wrote some worship songs.

We performed these at Church. They were well received.

None of your' Lazarus lay sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepiiiiiiing' pony and trap!

• cantleave
    cantleave

If there is a goddess WTF has she done to help her children? NOTHING

She doesn't care about us, why should we care about her?

Come on sky-mummy - show yourself..............

Nothing.......

Nowt.......

Zilch........

There you go.... she don't exist.

• Lakes
    Lakes

As a teenager I became appalled by the JW god - cruel, merciless, jealous, unjust, mysoginistic. By my middle teenage years I had pretty much decided that even if this biblical god existed that I wanted nothing to do with it, but continued to live the JW life to maintain parental approval. At 21 I told my parents that I was an agnostic. Atheism didn't really take hold until my early 40s because I became briefly involved in the 12 step world that requires, not necessarily a belief in a biblical god, but a belief in a higher power that is able to respond to prayer. The narcissism attached to the belief that a higher power could respond to my petition for assistance and yet do nothing for the starving and suffering became overwhelmingly apparent.

So, in answer to your question punkofnice, it was my brief involvement in another cult - AA, that led to me researching the possibility of the existence of some benevolent supernatural force and coming to the conclusion that there was zero evidence. Thank you science.

• Sammy Jenkis
    Sammy Jenkis

I'm in agreeance with Oculos, although I haven't looked for another God or some other denomination I heavily doubt I ever will because of the what the JW's did. I'm sort of indifferent about God right now although I've never doubted his existence, I'm definitely taking a break from wanting to "please" him anytime soon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit