Religious Hypocrisy Condemned - WT Study Article week of July 8-14, 2013

by Oubliette 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The Home provided for them by donations for the GB is expensive, and they don't exactly drive old bangers do they, hypocrites.

I wonder what Jesus, who had "nowhere to lay his head" thinks of their lifestyle ?

It reminds me of a sketch on British TV some years ago, it showed the Pope rushing in to one of his Cardinals and saying :

"Quick, JC is in town, get rid of the Popemobile and get me a Renault4 !". (The Renault4 was a little rust-bucket that was unreliable).

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Phizzy: "Quick, JC is in town, get rid of the Popemobile and get me a Renault4!"

Too funny!

I was hoping that lurkers seeing this thread would get to wonder about the current GB too.

Perhaps they don't have large personal bank accounts, but they have billions in assets at their disposal and live a lavish lifestyle that the R&F can only dream about, and when they DO dream about it, they'll be bitch-slapped by some comment in the WT to "keep their eye simple."

• carla
    carla

jw's don't care about Rutherford or past history. A parallel must be made to the wt of today, how about their new compound and all the perks there?

• Thoughtless
    Thoughtless

Eh, always knew something was fishy about the old "system" of the GB, especially due to the fact that Russell died with a Pyramid headstone on Oct. 31st. Perhaps that was God giving us a clue, perhaps I was too blind to see it. Honestly, though, I have nothing to say about the moral integrity of the GB today, just the doctrinal integrity of them (which does kind of convert to a type of moral integrity I guess). I am hoping for another "Ray Franz" expose of the society. Or perhaps like a lot of still active JWs, one is too afraid to speak up due to his appointment.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

carla: jw's don't care about Rutherford or past history. A parallel must be made to the wt of today, how about their new compound and all the perks there?

Of course you're right, in spite of all the WT rhetoric about the importance of studying JW history. The only thing they want you to know is a highly sanitized version because the truth is too damning!

How would you draw the parallel?

Thoughtless: Russell died with a Pyramid headstone on Oct. 31st. Perhaps that was God giving us a clue ...

Perhaps! Interesting observation.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Do we have any proof or documentation regarding the claim they take money and invest in hedge funds? I know they were one of the largest accounts for Citi for a while. I assume Citi invests their money across various platforms. Might not be too much nefarious about that.

Unless of course they specifically target specific hedge funds, or have investors court them.

Proof would be awesome. Thanks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit