Any Suggestions for R/T Air Travel LA to NYC?

by AudeSapere 10 Replies latest jw friends

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Any suggestions for good and cheap round trip airfare Los Angeles Area to Newark (or NYC)?

It's been a while since I've booked flights.

Virgin America Non-Stop $440.

Does this sound like a good deal or does anyone have better suggestions?

Any comments on Virgin America?

-Aude.

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

LGA tends to have many delays. Price doesn't seem too bad. Did you check Orbitz, Priceline and JetBlue? Depending on where you are ultimately going, JFK is easier to get in and out of, IMHO.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Gypsy Sam - Thanks for repsonding.

Personally I don't like driving anywhere near Newark, but person picking us up prefers that.

If I can get significantly cheaper airfare, then JFK is 2nd choice.

Have you flown on Virgin Atlantic?

• besty
    besty

I have flown Virgin America and Virgin Atlantic - recommended!

*waves*

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

*waves*

Hi, Besty (and family!)

Thanks for the recommendation for Virgin. I think I found a winner.

-Aude.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Where are you going in NYC? I would try for the closest airport

Newark may be closer thanJFK. It may be a east side or west side call. Oh, I was at Newark airport last week. Planes should stay in outer space. You can't get NYC taxis in Newark

NJ imposes a hefty surcharge and NY taxis can't cruise for return fares. Limo service may make sense.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

@BOTR - Thanks. Ground transport is not an issue for this trip, although I *did* get caught with that problem about 20 years ago. Had to take a train (?) into the city, then a cab or bus and then another train to get to northern NJ. What could be a 25 minute car ride was 3 hours of a city tour. I learned a good lesson back then - and was not sure if that had changed all these years later. Aparently, it's the same.

Fortunately, however, ground transport is taken care of for this pending trip. I just need to figure out decent flight details.

Thanks again. :-)

• Dagney
    Dagney

I don't think you can go wrong with Virgin, or Jetblue...or Southwest. So much depends on the dates. Southwest lets you see a calendar of their rates.

xx

Edited to add: I use Hotwire where I can, Orbitz, then the individual websites. Good Luck!!

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

@Dagney - Thanks for the suggestions and the search tips ! xoxo

• cantleave
    cantleave

Virgin America are excellent IMO

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit