Pyramid - Common Knowledge?

by NeverKnew 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew
    Technically it doesn't have anything to do with "Jehovah's Witnesses". It's the work of the International Bible Students

I understand what you're saying, but respectfully, I disagree. My child has her own life but was born of my womb. Without me, she wouldn't exist.

• biometrics
    biometrics
    I understand what you're saying, but respectfully, I disagree. My child has her own life but was born of my womb. Without me, she wouldn't exist.

Without Seventh-day Adventists the International Bible Students possibly woudln't have existed either. And without the Bible neither would have existed ... you get the idea.

My original point was there was a split early on, the IBSA went one way, and the "Jehovah's Witnesses" went another. Just like there was a split between CTR and Nelson Barbor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Taze_Russell#Split_with_Barbour).

Showing a current day Jehovah's Witness the Pyramid stuff would be like showing them Seventh-day Adventist documents from the late 1800s. They both mean nothing, and you'll probably get a blank stare and denial.

In my opinion you'd be better off focusing on modern day Watchtower blunders, or doctrine that links to that era (i.e. pyramid lengths 'proving' the year 1914).

• Londo111
    Londo111

The pyramid scheme was taught until 1926, 7 years after Jesus is supposed to have selected them in 1919. As far Bible Students vs JWs: was the group Watchtower backed? The history of the Watchtower is the history of the JWs, before and after the name change and no matter what groups splintered from them.

To be sure, they are distancing themselves from Russell as fast as they can.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew
    In my opinion you'd be better off focusing on modern day Watchtower blunders, or doctrine that links to that era (i.e. pyramid lengths 'proving' the year 1914).

Hm... I'm being put before someone with more knowledge soon.

Was hoping to start with 1914 since it is one element that distinguishes them. The pyramid is definitely in the mix. Should I take it out?

• Londo111
    Londo111

I would keep the pyramid in the mix. Be prepared for a response to Proverbs 4:18 and have them read this passage in the full context.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit