Pyramid - Common Knowledge?

by NeverKnew 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

I was telling my extended family (also non-jws) about the pyramid near Russell's grave I saw months ago. I showed them pictures of the four sides and the interesting inscriptions along with the pictures of the founder's grave.

There are a couple of JW women who come to see my cousin every once in a while. Last week, she mentioned the pyramid. She says they looked her straight in the eye and said, "that has nothing to do with us."

I asked her for clarification on the statement... were they saying the pyramid belonged to another wack religious denomination?... or were they saying that the JWs no longer have anything to do with the pyramid theories. She said the coldness with which they returned the answer has her concerned about re-inquiring.

Wouldn't the existence of the pyramid and its ties to the WTBTS be common knowledge amongst JWs?

• Ding
    Ding

Many will be unaware of it.

Those who are aware of it won't think about it much.

JWs get a very sanitized view of WT history and are very uncomfortable with anyone who wants to look at the details.

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

No not common knowledge. I found this fact in Oct. 2012. I was born in JW 65 years ago. i have many new/old lights I never heard before.

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

No not common knowledge. I found this fact in Oct. 2012. I was born in JW 65 years ago. i have many new/old lights I never heard before.

• St George of England
    St George of England

I'm a born in, heading up to 70.

Until I joined this site about 3 years ago, I had never heard of it.

In fact I think it's true to say most of what I know about JW's and the Bible I have learned from this site. Sad but true.

George

• Brother of the Hawk
    Brother of the Hawk

42 years as a JW and I never knew.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I knew about the Pyramid teaching, especially from the Proclaimer's book. I remember when I first read the Proclaimer's book, that bothered me a great deal. I tried to rationalize it away the best I could. I think most JWs are inundated with reading a constant treadmill of Watchtower publications and therefore, it is simplify GIGO. If they read something that bothers them, the memory will dim in time, and they won't think much about it. If at all. And if someone forces it to their attention, they will misapply Proverbs 4:18 as a thought stopping technique.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

The only reason I knew about it was that a brother who studied with me had one of the most extensive libraries out there. He inherited it from a grandparent of his wife. He has almost all the books and pamphlets put out by the Bible Students. He showed me the pyramids but I never put two and two together that althoug the dubs no longer use pyramidology, they never dropped the dates and prophecy that resulted from it

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Whoa... then these women who would live less than 20 miles from the founder's gravesite know nothing about the giant pyramid just feet from his grave?

This is amazing. I'll clear this up for my cousins and ask them to get clarification on the statement. Maybe they can... uh... increase the women's awareness.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I learned about it from a young elder making a Russell joke. It led to my research. Most know nothing about it.

I would be on the internet and see titles of it. But,thought it was made-up apostate talk,until the elder made that reference of Russell counting pyramids.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit