Do you still use Jehovah's name?

by naazira 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Tiktaalik
    Tiktaalik

Only to cuss and curse with. Try it. It's liberating. Mix in a few other choice swear words and you've got some serious cussing action.

Be creative. I generally accuse jehovah of all sorts of innappropriate sexual congress with a wide range of species, including goats, angels, even jesus himself.

• Sayswho
    Sayswho

Don't pray anymore and have not for a few years...after I realized that He does not help feed the poor, heal the sick, or anything you ask him for.

For instance I use to thank him for our food, shelter and everything else...but he was not providing it...if he was then why was he neglecting to provide the basic to those who were dying? Many of them were and are asking for help...but death greets them first!

SW

• naazira
    naazira

very interesting. now that i think about it jesus didnt even focus on the name jehovah. haha and i know how its like to accidently use the name jehovah when talking about god. i agree i doubt jehovah oops i mean god really cares if you call him by a different title. after all he reads the hearts so he knows our intentions.

• naazira
    naazira

thanks for the welcome. and sayswho ive wondered the same thing.

• Rose Mary
    Rose Mary

whathappened

You must be thankful to God for maneuvering matters for you to get out of JWs, God’s false friend who dishonor Him saying God felt CHALLENGED by Satan and so on….., hence leaving JWs is not equal to leaving Jehovah. You see a conscious existence within you, which is comparable to a flame; and source of that flame is God. Hence the most easiest thing is the world is to prove the existence of God!

Regarding the use of God’s name:

We have two standards:

1) Jesus used more affectionate form: FATHER

2) Strongest tradition of calling our own fleshly father as FATHER,
    Imagine the awkwardness if Malia or Sasha calls her daddy: Father Obama!

You call fire by various words in each language, and it points to fire. As one commentator said rightly said: What is pointed is more important than the pointer!

First of all there is no need of praying if you treat Him as your father (Mathew 6:8)

Tiktaalik

You seem to be confused with what MEN have written in the Bible as what God Himself has done it. The very fact that God does not bother what people write even in disparaging way about Him is the greatest proof that He did not treat this book as belonging to HIM. If He had some book, He will definitely protect it from having in it any mention belittling Him!

• 5go
    5go

Nope, I pray to Sophia if I feel I must pray to a god. Might as well about as good as any other god.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

There are lots of gods to choose from and none of my ancestors claim to be descended from Hebrews, who didn't invent the name 'Jehovah' anyway.

I think if I really wanted a god, I would just make one up. One that took responsibility for all my bad behaviours and let me take the credit for my better qualities.

Welcome to the forum

• HarryMac
    HarryMac

Nope.

If there were something bigger than ourselves out there it would be much, much, much bigger than petty Jehovah.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

hell no!

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I don't, but hubby does. Do I need to worry he'll go back to JWs? Sure hope not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit