Do you still use Jehovah's name?

by naazira 29 Replies latest jw friends

• abbasgreta
    abbasgreta

We all stopped using it within 2 days of leaving, suddenly preferring Lord, Father, God. At our church we sing about Yahweh in a few worship songs. (Jehovah is to be found in a traditional song for worship collection). Also, following Paul and Stephen's examples and believing Jesus' admonition to "ask ME anything in my name" (NOT in NWT) we pray to him as well.

• chapstick
    chapstick

Jehovah or Yahweh was a mid level moon god in the semetic pantheon. The Jews were not monotheistic, they were henotheistic, believing in many gods but chose one (Yahweh) as their chief god...

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Jehovah is a made up name. I had to read it publicly a few days ago and it was irritating. It's not that I think GOD cares if you mispronounce a name that he did not bother to preserve, it's the fact that " Jehovah " is a brand name used by the WTBT$. Even Jesus never said " Jehovah ", you would think that he would have used God's personal name when teaching the disciples to pray, if it was that important..

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Saying that name is gradually starting to bother me. I haven't prayed in a long time......... To anyone.

• abbasgreta
    abbasgreta

chapstick: Hi! The Name was used by Eve. The meaning of it was revealed to Moses.

• somebody
    somebody

No, NEVER.

• Brother of the Hawk
    Brother of the Hawk

No,

I do not use that ficticous name or the name Jesus. Research shows when the name "JEHOVAH" was inserted into the KJ bible there was no "J" in the Hebrew language and oddly enough there was no "J" in the english language either. Both names Jehovah and Jesus are fictious names. Even the WTBT$ knows this. Read the forward in the KIT and they admit they used the name JEHOVAH because it was "POPULAR" . Go figure, an organization who claims to represent the Most High, can't even get that right!!! So my question is: If Jehovah is NOT gods name, than WHO did we really pray to? Please read ISAIAH 12: 12-14

We still pray but use the Hebrew names. That's all I have to say about that.

Affectionately: Brother of the Hawk ( I will surrender my mind no more, forever)

• Laika
    Laika

When I was out with some Christians and got asked to pray before the meal a few weeks ago, I said the prayer to Jehovah without really thinking, which was a little embarrassing. Old habits die hard, haha.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Like bloody hell I do!

Bill

• QueenWitch
    QueenWitch

when I do, I catch myself and use Goddess or the name of an Egyptian god/dess

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit