Dropping itty bitty bits of Truth About The Truth to other Witnesses!

by OneDayillBeFree 19 Replies latest jw friends

• OneDayillBeFree
    OneDayillBeFree

This'll probably get me disfellowshipped eventually but it's been hella fun!

So lately every time an opportunity arrises while speaking to other Jdubs at the meetings or assemblies or even just overhearing their conversations about new light or new publications, service, anything really I drop little things that pass unoticed by most but make some stop and think for a minute.

For example, after one Sunday meeting, a brother came up to me with about 5 other Jdubbies to poke fun at me saying, "I thought you said you never sat at the front?! Huh? What happened to that?" (I had to sit at the front because the attendant basically forced me to and I didn't want to make a scene since the meeting was already in session).

So I calmly responded, "Oh yeah, well when I said NEVER, I meant it in the JW sense like in Millions Now Living Will Never Die! you know? They're all pretty dead now so it should make sense to you brother I thought you'd get that." About 3 of them just were like "what?" and brushed it off but the other 2 paused a bit and then just laughed nervously then said "well whatever" and left.

Then once I skipped the service group and the brother in charge of taking out the group asked me at the next meeting in front of everyone in a very in your face self-righteous way "Why weren't you at the service meeting? We we're all waiting for you!" And I replied, "Oh what? You didn't see me brother? I was totally there!" Then he quickly snapped "no you weren't brother! No. You. Weren't." So I replied with "No, no, no I was. I was just there Invisibly. Just like Jesus has been since 1914!" He was about to say something else when he stopped and just gave me that stare of "what did you just say?" A couple other brothers laughed out loud then said "Good one!" and so the brother just dropped it. It was hilarious!

And recently I attended a JW wedding that I didn't want to be at. (Does anyone ever want to be at any JW event?) I mean everything was pro JW. All legit with no wine or alchohol being served, only classical music, and there was even a part where they started giving "spiritual experiences" UGH!

But as soon as I walked in and noticed all these things, a couple bros and sisters noticed my deep sigh, came by and said "What's wrong brother? Aren't you enjoying this fine spiritual reception? -Side note, these guys were dead serious AND are in their early 20's! So I was like, "Oh no it's not that at all, I just thought that they were gonna party like it was 1975 not 1976! All of them just exchanged silent stares and one let out a shy laugh, then they walked away without much else to say!

It's a blast! I have to be very subtle but just hit hard enough to get their brain working. I'm sure someone's going to catch on eventually. Have any of you ever done something like this? I've got lots more but not much time to write them all down now. But soon. I'd love to hear some good ones.

OneDay out!

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Thats Funny, let us know if any of this works, id stay in if it did.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Have fun in the little room!

• MinisterAmos
  • ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Awesome comebacks OneDayillBeFree!

Said with humor in your voice, a twinkle in your eyes, and a smile on your face maybe no one will complain to the elders. No matter what, I would love you to read more of your adventures.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• label licker
    label licker

Try this one Do you think the eight dukes in Micah 5:5 are the eight fds/gb members? Just walk away. If you don't you'll crap your drawers laughing.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Way to go!

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

You're speaking taboo things like I did bro, and mark my words, jws will start avoiding you. It is fun to rock the boat though! Be prepared to lose friends though, even if you dodge a jc.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I once commented to a snooty sister(TM) after the CONvention.

''I liked how the drama tried to bring it up to date for us by pretending there was a governing body in the first century.''

She gave me a deer in the headlights look and a slow 'Yeeeeesssssss.'

• Fernando
    Fernando

Maybe you could resolve to never break down, always stay one step ahead, and always have comebacks that snooker them, always with a smile and a wink, whilst reminding them to relax and calm down to a panic.

(Why do followers of the Watchtower religion call themselves “publishers of the Good News” whilst unfamiliar with the “Good News” according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah and Psalms?)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit