Giant fruit in Canaan/TNS

by rebel8 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Viviane
    Viviane
    I studied Bio-dynamics(Some believe it's pseudo science or witch craft)

It is.

Rudulf Steiner is probably considered insane by chemical ag majors with his ancient rituals trying to impregnate Earth's soil back to a state of richness cotton and tobacco destroyed, their clueless how our environment is.

Insane? Probably not. But he was a mystic trying in vain to use mysticism and science together and promoting senseless woo.

If the Universal Consciousness decided to make things big by turning up the Earths productive powers, it's not far from imagination.

Nonsensical woo.

People ask us to believe Life sprouted from Nothingness

No one is asking anyone to believe that.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Smiddy makes a huge point. I saw a documentary on the area of Israel and they were saying that southern Israel were Judah supposedly was is an arid high plateau. Very few people lived in that area during the time of the so called Davidic empire. In the north were the ten tribes supposedly live there is better land and people can and did farm but we're reliant on rain that could be sparse at times. So the real lands of milk and honey would of been the Nile or the areas between the Tigris and uphrates rivers, but God had his people leave these areas. Nice God loving God that he is.
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

I forgot about the giant pumpkins.

http://www.gardenersnet.com/vegetable/giantpumpkins.htm

They have ten tips listed as to how to grow those pumpkins so frigging big, but...they don't say to 'pray to God' or...God did it.

Time Lapse Giant Pumpkin - Little Willie and the Atlantic Giant Pumpkin Boat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XUf19vRnWg

• Heaven
    Heaven

I don't know about Canaan but the Jackfruit is the largest tree borne fruit. Grows in the tropics.

From Wikipedia:

It is native to parts of South and Southeast Asia, and is believed to have originated in the southwestern
    rain forests of India, in present-day Goa, Kerala, coastal Karnataka, and Maharashtra. The jackfruit tree is
    well suited to tropical lowlands, and its fruit is the largest tree-borne fruit, reaching as much as 35 kg (80 lb)
    in weight, 90 cm (35 in) in length, and 50 cm (20 in) in diameter.

The jackfruit tree is a widely cultivated and popular food item in tropical regions of India, Bangladesh, Nepal,
    Sri Lanka, Cambodia, Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, and the Philippines. Jackfruit is also found
    across Africa (e.g., in Cameroon, Uganda, Tanzania, Madagascar, São Tomé and Príncipe, Ethiopia, and
    Mauritius), as well as throughout Brazil, west-central Mexico, and in Caribbean nations such as Jamaica.
    Jackfruit is the national fruit of Bangladesh.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Let's face it, folks, there is nothing sexy about a strawberry the size of king kong's head. Or a grape. They are perfect for us normal sized human beings right now-and we don't need to have a family the size of the Duggars to justify slicing into a strawberry!

The way they are sized and taste now are perfectly made for eating and enjoying. Having grown strawberries, my best suggestion is find a way to keep slugs away from them.

• rebel8
    rebel8

The first time I can remember this jw teaching was maybe around 1980 at the Tuesday night book study. We were studying some book about paradise and it mentioned the petting zoo and giant fruit. They said it was one of the reasons there'd be no hunger--one strawberry would be the size of a softball, etc. Something along those lines.

Found a little about it here.

• prologos
    prologos
    CrazyGuy : --So the real lands of milk and honey would of been the Nile or the areas between the Tigris and uphrates rivers, but God had his people leave these areas. Nice God loving God that he is.-- settled them away from all that mid-eastern oil too. oy veh.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit