Giant fruit in Canaan/TNS

by rebel8 16 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8

Ok bible scholars, do I have this right?

jehoopla promised the Israelites lots of great stuff in The Promised Land, but they didn't believe him so they sent spies to check it out. They came back with fruit so large it had to be carried on a branch by 2 men.

From this, dubs believe they are going to have strawberries the size of King King's skull when they get to their own Promised Land (The New System).

They posit the reason our fruit is smaller is that we are destroying Earth with all of our sinful wind chimes and wizard toys. Once that horror has stopped, the fruit will get bigger. You'll be able to eat a single grape for lunch!

Giant produce is why we won't have a problem with hunger. (I wonder if this doctrine originated when Miracle Wheat was a thing.)

I've been looking for evidence of actual giant grapes in Canaan, or something it could have been mistaken for, but I can't find it.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Giant Canaanites need giant food.

• rebel8
    rebel8
    I don't remember a teaching that dubs will become giants in TNS. ;0
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila

In comparison to Israelites, the people of the land were giants. But the grapes were normal size.

Numbers chapter 13:32,33all the people whom we saw in the midst of it are men of extraordinary size. 33 And there we saw the Neph′i·lim, the sons of A′nak, who are from the Neph′i·lim; so that we became in our own eyes like grasshoppers, and the same way we became in their eyes.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQHm7oItkdA

• brandnew
    brandnew

That would be the ultimate party foul...ha ha....

Finally getting to the new order, and getting destroyed for gluttony! ! !

They were big berries, didnt mean ya had to eat it all yourself! ! !

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Rebel: From this, dubs believe they are going to have strawberries the size of King King's skull when they get to their own Promised Land (The New System).
    They posit the reason our fruit is smaller is that we are destroying Earth with all of our sinful wind chimes and wizard toys. Once that horror has stopped, the fruit will get bigger. You'll be able to eat a single grape for lunch!

Wow. This is the first I have heard of this one, Rebel!

It sounds like something out of an old Golden Age article. Totally wacked out.

So...if strawberries are as big as King King's skull, and a single grape is big enough for lunch....how frigging big are those damned watermelons gonna grow? Who would want to tackle that one? I wouldn't want to have to be the one cutting it up. A person would need a chain saw!

• PokerPlayerPhil
    PokerPlayerPhil

Rebel you probably seen regular sunflowers right, I had a cultivar I grew without using the magic worm-tea and fish-guts my teacher wanted me to use to maximize their growth rate. My Godzilla Sunflowers grew to 16ft tall, there are guys who got theirs to 23ft tall!

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/tallest-sunflower

Have you seen how professional melon growers start germination inside their house, than during the winter they keep these plants slowly growing with tons of hay, covered in plastic (minor green house affects) continual fertilizers plus add-ins while their march towards a goal of 300lbs might happen?

http://www.hopechamberofcommerce.com/melon_heritage.htm

I studied Bio-dynamics(Some believe it's pseudo science or witch craft) along with regular agricultural practices, one famous bio-dynamic scientist helped restore land devoid of nutrients during the Dust Bowel. Rudulf Steiner is probably considered insane by chemical ag majors with his ancient rituals trying to impregnate Earth's soil back to a state of richness cotton and tobacco destroyed, their clueless how our environment is. Have you seen grapefruits weighing 3lbs, Blueberries as big a Strawberries ect?

Dealing with these issues after seeing how Science has helped food grow incredibly huge has no bearing on someone who has farmed and believes the Intelligent Consciousness if so desire could make the Earth sprout massive cultivars! Dave Wilson uses Zeiglar Genetics in the San Juaquin Valley, Zaigler has produced the strangest and hardest stone-fruits, apples, blueberries (Plue-erries), Aprium, Pea-cot-um through millions of trial and error plantings plus his resistant root-stocks are world famous. If the Universal Consciousness decided to make things big by turning up the Earths productive powers, it's not far from imagination. People ask us to believe Life sprouted from Nothingness, my brain has a much harder time wrapping it's head around that than over-sized fruits I have seen at Fairs in the Midwest and Georgia hybrid peaches! Just my opinion as a grower (eight generations our family grow and raised cattle at various times and back to Holland where they probably grew tulips bulbs of tremendous size)

• smiddy
    smiddy

Canaan ,where the land is flowing with milk and honey ? I have never seen a documentary of that landscape or anywhere near it , describing that situation .It is desolate ,rocks , dirt ,sand for the most part .

Come to Victoria Australia where you will see a land flowing with milk and honey .Compared to that part of the world.

smiddy

• PokerPlayerPhil
    PokerPlayerPhil
    Makunaba Honey cost $75 a jar here in the States, what's so magical about that honey Smiddy? The bees using the Euc trees make a honey with healing properties, that's what the JW lady said when she offered to sell me a small jar for $75 12oz.
  • Simon
    Simon

I remember that - I think there was a picture, maybe in the Bible Story book.

Yet another tall tale from the bible that makes no sense when you think about it. Just the ancient equivalent of someone saying "and I caught a fish and it was THIS [stretching arms] BIG !!"

You know there was no fish.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit