Lett's Historic Moment

by Icarus 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Icarus
    Icarus

With all the furor over the JW's cash strapped pleas, I'm surprised no one noticed a different issue with this broadcast. It was HISTORIC! Did anyone else get that? Yes, all 7 of the GB have broadcast in the 7 months of the channel's existence! Is that not HISTORICAL?

But, wait. What?

Given that it is a group who believe that Revelation prophecies were fulfilled by giving a talk at a Cedar Point, Ohio Conventions*, I guess it doesn't take much for delusional minds to make something over any trivial thing.

But, the idea of impressing on gullible people that this makes it a Historical event. smh

*Athanasius11 years ago

I've never been to Cedar Point, Ohio. But did you know that half of the prophecies in the book of Revelation were fulfilled during conventions that the JWs held in that city? http://bit.ly/1GRuAy6

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Is that not HISTORICAL?

I believe it's spelled: hysterical

• Icarus
    Icarus
    Yes, Oubliette, it should be: HYSTERICAL, but it's not. It's HORRIBLE.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Icarus - "...all 7 of the GB have broadcast in the 7 months of the channel's existence!"

Dare I say... "heavenly completion"???

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN
    HISTORICAL , HYSTERICAL, HORRIBLE , HABITUAL..............................Lets call the whole thing Orff !
  • steve2
    steve2

I had a significantly disturbing dream on the night of April 24th 2015, hours before the 100th anniversary of Australia's and New Zealand's troops mass slaughter on the red-poppy fields at Gallipoli on April 25th 1915.

That dream was a fulfillment of significant portions of the prophecies of the book of Revelation.

Next.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    Oubliette, why no review?
  • Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Yes, all 7 of the GB have broadcast in the 7 months of the channel's existence! Is that not HISTORICAL?

They have always claimed that from a Biblical standpoint, the number 7 represented "Earthly Completeness" .

Here they are on the 7th month of broadcasting, solicited for donations.

Maybe it's because they're "completely " out of money?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Some descriptive characterizations of the GB members of the Watchtower Corporation ......

- self serving propagandists

- self serving decisive liars

- self serving manipulators of other people

- self serving exploiters of other people

- self serving sensationalists

- self serving opportunists

- self serving power seekers

- self serving and supporting of choosing select facts and bits of information

- self serving and judgmental on to those who wont agree with their own self supporting expressed doctrines

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

wasanelder once: Oubliette, why no review?

I don't want to be too predictable, but since you asked nicely:

Let's review: It's cult!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit