Anyone busted on apostate site. JCs how are they handled.

by joe134cd 29 Replies latest jw friends

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

The best advice I ever received before a judicial investigation was "deny everything, threaten slander and legal action".

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I know personally two people who were "outed", one on here, one on another site. As Simon rightly says, don't give too much personal info.These two did.

One was DF'd for Apostasy, she did not give a flying fudge bar as it happens, bless her. But the Elder who outed her made whatever excuses he thought appropriate for being on such a site, and nothing was done to him

The second person managed to fob off the Elders some how, the Elder that outed that person it was said would be "investigated" as to why he was on such a site, nothing happened to him either.

Don't fool yourself, it is one rule for them and another for you.

• nugget
    nugget

Yes we were. However this was because Cantleave revealled his JWN identity to someone on facebook. He assumed his high privacy settings and the "closed" nature of the group he was posting in would mean it was safe but if someone wants to find information badly enough npthing is secure. I would say that when this happened we were ready to walk away from the organisation. We knew it was the right thing to do and were happy to make the break. I have never regretted it or think it happened too soon so only reveal things of a personal nature if you have a similar point of view.

We were presented with printouts of Cantleaves facebook posts and JWN posts and invited to a JC even though they knew my husband was away in Scotland and would be unable to attend. I refused to go and refused to answer their calls. They drove over late at night and posted letters through the door which we never opened.

Be aware any public forum is open to anyone and not everyone is sympathetic to your struggle. Be discreet what you choose to reveal especially about what you post about third parties who may also be fading, once your position is compromised so is theirs.

• Open mind
    Open mind

I think Undercover's advice of deny, deny, deny could even work if someone did post:

"HI! My name is _Open Mind____ and I attend the __Uber-Dub_________congregation in Hicksville USA",

JC: "OM, what do you have to say for yourself?"

OM: "It looks pretty clear that someone is trying to besmirch my reputation. Anyone with a computer and some knowledge of my life could easily have posted that apostate poison and signed my name to it. Two witnesses please?"

JC: "OK, well do you think the F&D Slave is the greatest thing since sliced bread?"

OM: "Of course. I also think they should take their spirit directed talents and branch out into areas where their pinpoint accuracy could really benefit more people. Let say, oh I don't know, maybe aircraft design or neurosurgery." (Bites tongue hard to hold back smirk.)

om

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Open mind - "I also think they should take their spirit directed talents and branch out into areas where their pinpoint accuracy could really benefit more people. Let say, oh I don't know, maybe aircraft design or neurosurgery."

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I think an interesting way to find out what happens would be to make up a fake account, and assign some high & mighty elders name to it, and let the gossip mill work its way down to what happened & who squealed. It would be interesting to test but I don't think that I would be so nasty. Hey I'm an apostate not a little shit.

• James Jackson
    James Jackson

joe134cd make up a fake account, and assign some high & mighty elders name to it

That is what I did!

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

James Jackson =. Oh shit really or are you just having me on. That's nasty

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

Joe134cd...are you reporting me or something? Just got your strange PM....very weird, I must say. Welcome to JWD, I see you've been posting here for a few months and I didn't get the chance to welcome you.

Btw...please don't bust me ;-) Are you maybe a super secret elder spy? hmmm

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

To answer the question though, and not hijack the thread and make it personal.

If you are going to report somebody do it anonomously then you only have to worry about how the JC was handled with the one you reported. You won't be there! I highly agree with others, just don't give out personal info unless you don't mind the threat of discovery.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit