Anyone busted on apostate site. JCs how are they handled.

by joe134cd 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Well, I was talking to a long time Elder friend of ours, and I brought up an interesting article I read in Archeology magazine about the destruction about jerusalem in 587bce, he immediately went on the defensive and said 'Archeologists & historians can be wrong. and we have to wait on the faithful slave not our own understanding." I mentioned that it was just an article on Archeology magazine website. He replied that it didn't matter ANYTHING that goes against the faithful slaves spiritual food is dangerous and apostate thinking."

So, this is the kind of attitude they have towards independant research and thinking.

We had to just endure an un-invited visit from 2 elders in May, because my hubby showed his non-JW brother some things from watchtower literature that we discovered to be deceptions, subliminal pictures in the literature etc. His brother showed their mother and she immediately called her elders and started the witch hunt. His own mother lied and said he was showing apostate literature and now all our friends and family are shunning us. And we haven't even had an official JC meeting. You can see our daughter's video on Youtube, JWStruggle. "Another Brave Soul Leaves Watchtower "

• baltar447
    baltar447

I'd also like to know who specifically has been outed on this site. I'd think very few from this site, people are far more likely to be outed on Facebook.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

I actually knew an elder that "claimed" he was in a strip club because "someone" had told him a sister worked there as a stripper and he went to check it out for himself.

It didn't fly. He was removed as an elder.

Nice try buddy, boy!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Here's a relevent thread on just that topic:

A Message to Active Elders Lurking on JWN

• Simon
    Simon

Unless people post personal identifying information, there is not much risk - you are an anonymous person on the internet.

Facebook is much more dangerous precisely because it *is* your real identity which is why you need to be careful what you do with it.

The people who have been identified very often aren't hiding who they are - that is their choice and right. Everyone can chose their own path.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Newly Enlightened - "He replied that it didn't matter ANYTHING that goes against the faithful slaves spiritual food is dangerous and apostate thinking."

By that logic, almost the entire human race - by virtue of not accepting the WT's "spiritual food" claims of exclusive Truth - is therefore "apostate"...

Hmm... somebody should suggest this to the GB, they'd "love this idea"...

• sd-7
    sd-7

I would guess that in such a scenario, the person ratting you out can simply claim not to believe a word of the apostate website and--perhaps--have noticed something odd about something you said to them, and accidentally stumbled across this website where you were engaging in apostate reasoning. As long as they're turning you in, the elders probably won't care that the stool pigeon(s) were on the site themselves so long as they answer the loyalty question in the affirmative. --sd-7

• undercover
    undercover

Unless people post personal identifying information, there is not much risk - you are an anonymous person on the internet.

The people who have been identified very often aren't hiding who they are - that is their choice and right. Everyone can chose their own path.

Case in point: Me. I've been here pretty long now. Hard to believe I'm one of the old timers of the board, but even though I probably have divulged a little too much here and there, I've been careful to not give enough info about me personally where I could be outed. Call it paranoia, but when people are out to get you, it's just good planning. And even that is going overboard, 'cause after so long, no one really is after me, but I find it prudent to keep the guard up.

Some here (very few) have been busted, because as Simon said, they didn't hide who they were...or didn't do a good job of it anyway.

But, if someone should see a pattern or some circumstantial evidence and they accuse you of being 'so-and-so' on that JWD apostate board, all you have to do is deny, deny, deny. Anything short of posting, "HI! My name is _____ and I attend the ___________congregation in Hicksville USA", they're only taking a stab at it. It's only an accusation. And without two witnesses, they don't have anything on you.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    undercover - "...all you have to do is deny, deny, deny."

Yeah, it's quite the paradigm shift when an XJW comes to the realization that he/she is under no ethical obligation whatsoever to be scrupulously honest with the WTS.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Undercover- "deny, deny, deny.' Excellent advice. That, along with "I want to face my accusers" First, they probably only have one. Second, most dubs are cowards and will hesitate to testify against you TO YOUR FACE .Third, many of us have/have had similar stories and experiences which brings us back to plausible denyability.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit