Were U Surprised To Learn Anything About The Witnesses That U Didn't Know??

by minimus 50 Replies latest jw friends

• cedars
    cedars

It was a surprise to me that the Governing Body only dates back as recently as 1971. The way they go on about it in the literature, you assume the Governing Body arrangement was up-and-running in the times of Russell and Rutherford. Not so.

Cedars

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

the years after exiting I found their hypocrasy breathtaking and the years that I used to read of their condemnation of the "churches of christendom" their own scandals make them many times worse then the ones they condemn! my list is

1) the occult origins of pyrmaidology in Russells works

2) Rutherfrauds cosy relationship with the Nazi's , his alcholism, his export from Canada of booze during the prohibition, Beth Sarim and his gerneral tyranicle style of rule.

3) The homosexual scandals of GB members and the rumours that Knorr was a homosexual

4) The Malawi/Mexico Scandal

5) organ transplants banned then allowed, Blood tranfusions being allowed until the 50's

6) The UN membership

7) Holding investment stock in companies that sell and produce miliatary hardware

8) The huge tip of the ice berg with their child abuse policy

9) the myth that Freddie Franz was a fluent Hebrew speaker and that he was fluent in many other languages

10) The title Judge was given to him by outsders, another lie

11) the myth and lie that all GB members partake in the door knocking work

• HarryMac
    HarryMac

The most crazy thing has to be their crusade against aluminum!

Google it!!!!!

• cedars
    cedars

HarryMac

The most crazy thing has to be their crusade against aluminum!

Even more crazy than the ban against playing chess?!

Cedars

• HarryMac
    HarryMac
    Cedars - Even more crazy than the ban against playing chess?!

Yes! The cartoons and drawings about how evil aluminum cooking ware, etc was. Crazy!

I knew TTATT for a while and then clued into the 'aluminum crusades'... Yup, I was shocked!

• andys
    andys

I been out for 2.5 years:) Its been very nice being out and for me I woke up all in one night, everything hit me with a ton of bricks after reading Crisis of Conscience, I was on 80 pages in the book and woke up all in one night, the way I can decribe what its like, for me it was like I was coming to reality, all I can say is living in reality is way better then being in fantasy paradise, I was a born in and it was a major relief off my shoulders.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Yes. I knew tons of Bethel insider stuff when Bethel had a small family. I was shocked by the UN membership and the library access lie. NYC has many world class libraries, esp. Columbia and the main reference one at Times Square with the famous lions who roar when a virgin passes them.Growing up, I was so impressed.by how the WT boldly stood up to Hitler. Now I know the WT hates Jews and cavorts with pure evil.

This forum fundamentally changed my view that the WT is a bunch of highly ignorant bumpkins who can't be effective. I viewed the Society as my family member s. Decent people hampered by their lack of access to education. I could easily be one of them were it not for poverty programs. Now I know there is cold control. They deliberately lie about anything. Bethel is full of evil people. Most JWs are clueless and cannot be blamed. Bethelites know how venal the GB is. My father and uncle were aghast but afraid to say anything. Ordinary people have a duty to say "This is my religion and I will not let it be compromised. God does not lie.

Also, they are not Christian. The NTis about love and grace.IFundamentally, Jesus is the actor, not YHWH.

• Emery
    Emery

Never really understood 1919 but once I did I was like... Are they serious? They really believe that Jesus came down and invisibly chose them as HIS organization? What proof do they have of this? Rutherfood and his accomplices being let out of prison is proof? This automatically makes the rank and file their belongings? The greatest event in all of mankind's history and no one knew about it but Rutherford? I was utterly embarassed and I remember thinking to myself, "How the f**k did I not know this??"

Other things that took me by surprise were Jesus not being my mediator, Johannes Greiber and the Pyramidology stuff.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I was very shocked to learn about the JW religion's occult roots (the pyramid, etc.). Some of the other things I learned just reinforced what I already suspected.

But, I was most shocked by learning about their secret affiliation with the U.N., which I felt was a major betrayal. Also, the extent of the child abuse scandals was something I didn't know about. The religion has the average JW in a news blackout and many people sitting in the halls around the world do not know these things.

None of these things, though, made me leave the religion. I was already done with it when I learned the hidden truth about them on the internet in 2000. All this knowledge did was to make me realize how right I was to leave.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Nothing specifically "shocking" for me, per se.

I did feel offended, though; particularly with regards to the institutionalized child abuse and (to a lesser degree) placing ideology over academic honesty.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit