Why the "New Light" in the July 15 Watchtower?

by Indian Larry 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• pixel
    pixel

They wanted to separated themselves even further for power. Now, the JW's have 3 classes:

- The Govering Body (FDS)

- The Annointed

- The Great Crowd

In complete opposition to this Bible text:

Galatians 3:28: "There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus."

• Ding
    Ding

It seems to me they are changing things needlessly unless the professing anointed have been complaining about not having a voice in policy.

With the fear of the GB, I doubt that is happening on any large scale.

The growing number of partakers is embarrassing, but they can always say that just because someone professes to be anointed doesn't mean they are.

Actually, they could have said that in view of this "fact" they have decided not to report the number of partakers any more.

Of course, we can point out that because of the length of time since 1914 the number of "the anointed remnant" should have reached 0 by now, but JWs aren't likely to be influenced by that; they will swallow whatever the GB tells them.

• designs
    designs

Its the College Of Cardinals, you only need to look in one direction for all of your spiritual needs.

• Gayle
    Gayle

All 'changes' are for their survival and control.

• Ding
    Ding

Gayle, what I don't understand is... were the GB ever really in danger of losng control?

If anything is likely to get JWs questioning the GB's "Jehovah's channel of communication" claim, isn't it all these changes in foundational doctrines?

Since those older teachings were all based on unfalsifiable invisible happenings, why rock the boat by changing them?

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

Why the "New Light" in the July 15 Watchtower?

The old light was down to a faint glow - the new light let's them look into the future for anouther 20 to 30 years.

• CWstudy
    CWstudy

Hello All,

I'm new to this forum and this is actually my first post.

A little background about my JW experiences: I was born and raised in the "truth" but never got baptized. But I had been recently thinking about what I left behind and wondering if I should go back to the religion of my youth and get baptized.

Because I was so young during my first ride on the "truth merry-go-round" I never really examined what was being taught. As an adult I never realized how this stuff had truly twisted my mind and thoughts and caused me much grief over the years even after being away from it for so long.

So fast forward to 2013. I'm now a "study" and seriously thinking this will be the time I go through with getting baptized, and really dedicate myself to serving Jehovah. But as I study, and examine things that it would have never occurred to me to examine as a youth, like the "Jesus is Michael," crap and so on...here's comes this July Watchtower. So I download the thing (couldn't get a copy at the hall or from the couple I study with) and I'm like WTF? I have read the "New Light" issue from cover to cover several times and I can't believe that anyone will even think of staying "in" after this garbage.

As to why the GB published this crap? I say it's because they can. They have been revising, rewriting, and making this crap up from day one so why stop now. Something doesn't fit, some prophesy doesn’t pan out, founders do or say something crazy, we'll just do a re-write. Eventually the R&C will forget and converts coming in will never know that just a few years ago the so called "truth" they are learning and preaching door to door was totally different.

• donny
    donny

Welcome CWstudy. Keep questioning and whatever you do, don't take the big dunk. This will give them much more control over what you say and do.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Welcome CWstudy, glad that "New Light" has shone in your mind, and you can see the July WT for what it is, just another GB attempt at polishing a turd.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Hey CWSTUDY, glad you saw it for what it is instead of wasting half your life in it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit